Tuesday, December 27, 2016

MFT December Creative Construction with Blueprints—Shaking Things Up!

CCwithBP_2016dec27


Everyone loves a shaker card, right? So many of the elements included in Blueprints provide easy and innovative means of creating these delightful little interactive looks. Our team has been busy exploring different ways of incorporating Blueprints into their shaker cards and we can’t wait to share their ideas with you! Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog to see what the other design team members have come up with.


MFT_CreativeConstruction_SideBar

What a fun way to use Blueprints—and you know I love me a shaker card! As I was deciding what to do, I was looking for elements large enough to show the shaker elements to full effect but not totally dominate my card. I chose Blueprints 11 Die-namics and used the wavy opening and sentiment for my shaker element. I backed it with Sheet Music Background stamped on Sweet Tooth card stock with Black Licorice dye ink, and created my shaker element with foam mounting tape, Heat Resistant Acetate card stock, and the filler sequins listed below.

CCwithBP_2016dec27b

For the card front I stamped Abstract Background and Tiny Stars Background on Ranger Watercolor Paper with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. Abstract Background reminds me of a constellation map so it works well with Tiny Stars Background, I think. Then I applied a Peerless Watercolor wash and built the shaker element. I added part of a sentiment from BB Penguins in Paradise stamped on Black Licorice card stock cut with Blueprints 22 Die-namics and also heat embossed and popped up on foam mounting tape. Some Silver Sparkle card stock stars, cut with Blueprints 11 Die-namics and Blueprints 25 Die-namics finished it off.

And that’s it for the last
MFT Creative Construction with Blueprints for 2016! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Abstract Background, Tiny Stars Background, Sheet Music Background, BB Penguins in Paradise (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Silver Sparkle card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Heat Resistant Acetate card stock (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 11 Die-namics, Blueprints 22 Die-namics, Blueprints 25 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, MISTI, Scor-Tape 1/4”, 6 mm Cobalt sequins, 6 mm Cornflower sequins, 4 mm Cobalt sequins, 4 mm Cornflower sequins, Marshmallow seed beads, 6 mm Silver Stars Sequins (MFT); heat tool

1newsignature

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous! I have this Blueprint and I am glad to see another way of using it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara--This is absolutely amazing! I didn't think I'd get much use out of the Abstract BG stamp...but, now I have to have it! LOL, I Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing g and fun always Happy New Year can't wait to see all the 2017

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...