Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Hello There–Color Throwdown Challenge #439

CTD439_2017apr19


Hi and welcome to a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Vickie is our hostess and she has chosen some bold colors based on her inspiration piece.


swatch439

I decided to add my colors with watercolor so first I stamped Moroccan Lattice Background on Ranger Watercolor Paper and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder, then applied the four challenge colors. To add some contrast, I splattered a little black watercolor paint all over.

CTD439_2017apr19b

Next I stamped the partial sentiment from Essential Sentiments with Black Licorice hybrid ink and Versamark (inked up with Versamark and then the black ink) and heat embossed with fine black embossing powder on Translucent Vellum. That was adhered by wrapping the ends around and taping them down before popped the watercolored panel up on the Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam mounting tape. Then I cut Hello There Die-namics from Black Licorice card stock and adhered it to the vellum after adding some rolled up silk thread for some added interest.

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the
Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD439 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd439 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our incredibly talented April Guest Designer, Jeanne Jachna!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders
(<—You are here!)
Broni Holcombe (taking a break)
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Jeanne Jachna – April Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Essential Sentiments, Moroccan Lattice Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Translucent Vellum (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Hello There Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, MISTI, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic (MFT); silk thread

1newsignature

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the painted background.... Inspired me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara! Your card is my inspiration...and if I'm able to finish my card, you'll see what I mean. I love the repeated blooms in your watercolor... genius! And the color combinations this week are tricky, but if done well, are gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Barbara, the watercolour background is superb. I love how you have used the thread too. Clairex

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...