Monday, April 17, 2017

My Favorite Things April Card Kit is A-maze-ing!

cardkitday1_2017apr17


Hello and welcome to Day One of MFT’s April Card Kit Reveal! This month’s kit is A-maze-ing—yes that’s the name! Release is tomorrow night, April 18th, at 9pm Eastern. Be Sure to check by the MFT Blog for all the details.


MFT_Amazeing_Blog


For today’s card I went pretty CAS to give the maze element center stage. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then, on a piece of Ranger Watercolor Paper, I stamped Romantic Script Background with Black Licorice hybrid ink an applied a watercolor wash. After it dried, I adhered it to the card base.

cardkitday1_2017apr17B


I cut another piece of Sweet Tooth card stock with Blueprints 20 Die-namics and then cut the opening with Circle Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics that’s included in the kit and assembled my maze—it super easy! After the hole is cut, you drop in the circle shaker pouch, add a Maze Shape and Maze Sphere, close up the back and it’s done! Before I did all this, though, I stamped the sentiment then popped it up on the base with foam mounting tape. The two hearts were cut from Wild Cherry card stock, stamped, and adhered to the card to finish.

And there you have it for Day One of the A-maze-ing Card Kit Reveal! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Two!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
A-maze-ing Card Kit, Romantic Script Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Wild Cherry card stock, Black & White Basics Paper Pack, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
A-maze-ing Card Kit, Blueprints 20 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, MISTI (MFT)

1newsignature

16 comments:

  1. I love how you played with this kit, Barbara! So much dimension, and the B&W patterned paper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! How did you get the maze piece to be black, it looks like they only come in white. Did you use paint or ink? I LOVE the dramatic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please ignore my last comment Barbara :) One of the other DT members mentioned there are black & white mazes in the kit. In the unboxing video it only showed white ones so I didn't realise there were both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute love the little hearts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Barbara, what a sweet card and the sentiment is perfect here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the heart "take" on this card - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that background!!! This is such a fun kit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful!!! I love love love this kit and the color choices you made!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. I like the way you've used the hearts at the beginning and end points of the maze. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clean and looks fairly easy! I love your black maze and hope they come in black too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card and the sentiment is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card.... this kit is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...