Tuesday, April 11, 2017

My Favorite Things April Release Replay

ReleaseReplay_2017apr11


Today our team is taking a fresh look at our most recent release with inspiring ideas and innovative takes on the complete collection. We love the opportunity to look at our products with fresh eyes, envisioning entirely new ways to showcase the possibilities they present. We can’t wait to share our ideas with you!


Print

I love this feature because I get to use products I didn’t have a chance to use during Release Countdown. Today I’m using Tweet Wishes, Tweet Wishes Die-namics, and Diagonal Design Background for the first time for a super fun card.

I started by stamping
Diagonal Design Background with Versamark on Ranger Watercolor Paper and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. To get a good impression, I stamped on the smooth side of the paper using my MISTI several times.Then I did a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and set it aside to dry. In the meantime, I stamped several birds from Tweet Wishes on X-Press It Blending Card with Black Licorice hybrid ink, cut them out with the coordinating dies, and colored with Copic markers.

ReleaseReplay_2017apr11b

When the background was dry, I cut openings using Stitched Oval Word Windows Die-namics and also Interactive Oval Word Windows Die-namics, evenly spaced. I stamped the sentiment on Black Licorice card stock with Versamark and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder then adhered it with foam mounting tape. I created shaker elements from the other windows using foam mounting tape, Heat Resistant Acetate card stock, and sequins. After I adhered this to the Sweet Tooth card stock base, I popped up the birdies with foam. When I was finished I thought the front looked just a little bare so I stamped another sentiment and adhered it on top of the interactive window flap.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Tweet Wishes, Diagonal Design Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, Heat Resistant Acetate card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Tweet Wishes Die-namicsInteractive Oval Word Windows Die-namics, Stitched Oval Word Windows Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, MISTI, Pretty Pink Posh sequins (MFT); heat tool

1newsignature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...