Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Over the Moon for Ewe - Color Throwdown #527


Hi everyone and welcome to a brand new
Color Throwdown Challenge! This week Lori is our hostess and she's challenging us to use these deep shades as inspired by her inspiration piece.




I hadn't used this darling Over the Moon for Ewe Stamp Set except as a Christmas card so I thought I'd get it out for this. I started by sponging my background and sky, then splattered some Copic Opaque White on it for stars. I added the hills, also sponged, and a strip of Sour Apple card stock cut with Grassy Edges Die-namics on which I stamped the sentiment.




I stamped the images on No line Coloring card stock, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, colored them with Copic markers, and popped them up in the scene with foam tape. I broke the rules just a tiny bit with that adorable little heart die cut but I thought that moon just needed it.

And that's it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown Challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So c'mon over to the Color Throwdown Blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please provide a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD527 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd527 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, along with our super talented Guest Designer, Vicki Finger!

Amy Rohl
Amy Rysavy
Barbara Anders (<--You are here!)
Broni Holcombe
Jodi Collins
Lisa Henke
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Vickie Finger - January Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!








All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Over the Moon for Ewe
Die-namics: Over the Moon for Ewe, Grassy Edges
Dye Ink: After Midnight
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Sour Apple, Wild Cherry, No Line Coloring
Supplies: foam mounting tape
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers, Mini Ink Blending Tool

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, plastic eraser, Copic Opaque White, small art brush






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!