Monday, June 07, 2021

Final Countdown! One Day Until MFT's June Release!

 


Hello and welcome to Day One of MFT's June Release Countdown! Release is tomorrow, June 8th, at 10am Eastern so make a note! And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for ALL the details! Today we're previewing Beach Bear Stamp Set, Beach Bear Die-namics, Sunshine Kisses Stamp Set, Sunshine Kisses Die-namics, Slanted Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics, and Thick and Thin Background Stamp.




Doesn't little miss Pure Innocence look all sassy soaking up the rays? There was no doubt I'd put her on the beach, but once I looked hard at Slanted Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics I decided I could do a cool background with it.




To begin, I cut Slanted Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics from Ranger Watercolor paper and did a water color wash, separating the beach from the ocean. I spattered the beach with some black acrylic ink and with a little clean water for the ocean for dimension. Once it was dry, I taped all the pieces together so I could easily adhere it to a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape.




The images were stamped on No Line Coloring Card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored with Copic markers, then popped up on the card front with foam tape. The sentiment was heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock cut with Fishtail Foundations Die-namics and likewise adhered with foam tape.

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the June MFT and Friends Feature!







All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: PI Sunshine Kisses
Die-namics: PI Sunshine Kisses, Slanted Stripes Cover-Up, Fishtail Foundations
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, No Line Coloring
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Ranger Watercolor paper, Peerless Watercolors, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, water brush, plastic eraser, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Versamark, heat tool, black acrylic ink, small art brush



2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Pure Innocence is always so cute! I like to send PI summer images, like this one, to my friends up north, especially during the winter.
    I know, I'm mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of the Slanted Stripes Cover-Up Die-namics. It made a lovely beachy background, which I probably would have never come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!