Saturday, September 04, 2021

Halfway to the Big Day--Three Days Until MFT's September Release!

 


Hello and welcome to Day Three of MFT's September Release Countdown! Release is in three days, September 7th, at 10am Eastern so make a note! And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for ALL the details! Today we're previewing Meowy Christmas Stamp Set, Meowy Christmas Die-namics, Gnome for the Holidays Stamp Set, Gnome for the Holidays Die-namics, Fireplace Die-namics, and Cheerful Plaid Patterned Paper Pad.





Oh, my gosh! I had SO much fun creating this scene!! I wanted this card to tell a story about the Christmas havoc MY cats have created over the years--I *almost* turned the tree over because, yes, that has happened, but climbing the tree to get somewhere else happened too, LOL! Plus I didn't really have room for the tree to recline ;-) 




I planned this all in my head and just had to make a few adjustments as I went along to fit everything in. So I started by stamping the images on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink and fussy cut them out. Again, mainly because of space considerations but also to "fit" better with the window and fireplace, which have no margins.




For my background, the wall was sponged with Cotton Candy dye ink, I hand drew the flooring with a Senna Copic Multiliner pen and added details with Copic markers. The baseboard was cut from Sweet Tooth card stock. Once that was done, I cut Window Dressing Die-namics and created the outdoor scene using Mini Cloud Edges Stencil Sponged with Lazy Day dye ink and Sweet Tooth card stock cut with Stitched Snow Drifts Die-namics. The curtains were cut from Cheerful Plaid Patterned Paper. I added clear acetate behind the frame to simulate glass--can you see it in the photo below? One done, the card front was adhered to a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape to allow for the window dimension.




Next I cut the fireplace out, assembled it, popped it up on foam tape on the card front and hung the stockings with care. The tree was adhered with foam tape and then all the other elements were added. We have three cats in this house--one gazing out of the window--probably at birds on the bird feeder, one snoozing in front of the cozy fire, and the tortie, in trouble as usual, having climbed the tree, jumped onto the mantle, knocking off the candle, and curled up like it's a perfectly normal thing to do!




Don't worry, the candle is a battery-operated one and no fires were caused in the telling of this story. The only thing left was the sentiment art over the fireplace, framed with Boxed-In Banners Die-namics and Gold Shine card stock.

Well, that's all for today's story time, kids. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Two of MFT's September Release Countdown!





All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Meowy Christmas
Die-namics: Meowy Christmas, Fireplace, Window Dressing, Stitched Snow Drifts, Boxed-In Banners
Stencils: Mini Cloud Edges
Patterned Paper: Cheerful Plaid
Dye Ink: Cotton Candy, Lazy Day
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Orange Zest, Butterscotch, Vintage Timber, Black Licorice, Eiffel Tower, Cement Gray, Amarena Cherry, Field Day, No Line Coloring, Gold Shine
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad



3 comments:

  1. Omigosh I LOVE every detail of this card! Those plaid curtains top it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! I have cats too and this is so spot-on! Lots of wonderful detail!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!