Thursday, February 05, 2009

Buttonin' up some mojo


This card is for Mojo Monday 72. As soon as I saw this sketch, I thought about some humongous buttons I have in my stash. I pulled them out and sure enough, I was convinced this would work!

My base card is Chocolate Chip with a layer of Kraft and then a layer of DSP from the Muirfield collection. The next element is more of the same with a different pattern, a scalloped edge, some Kraft taffeta ribbon, and some Cowboy collection Dew Drops. The focal element is Chocolate Chip, Kraft, and Baja Breeze, also with a scalloped edge. I stamped the sentiment from Verve's Beautiful You set in Chocolate Chip first. Then I punched a scallop with my SU! scalloped punch and attached a BIG button. This button (and 2 more on a card of coordinating buttons) came from Wal*Mart! I just happended to see them one day and thought *maybe* they would come in handy. Yep, I was right! The blue is PERFECT for Baja Breeze!! It's tied onto the focal element with a piece of Kraft taffeta ribbon and this entire element is up on 3M foam squares. More Dew Drops in the corners were all else I felt it needed. This color scheme would be a great one for a man, I think. Don't you agree?

Thanks for dropping in!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful YOu (Verve)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Muirfield DSP (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares (craft store); Kraft taffeta ribbon, scallop punch, scalloped border punch (SU!); Dew Drops (Robins Nest); button (Wal*Mart)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job on the sketch, Bar! I LOVE these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! This is such a great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK! I have these buttons too! They are just sitting in my bin, smiling up at me, unused! GREAT JOB using yours!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card. Love that big button. Thanks for playing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...