Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just because

This card is for Mojo Monday 73 sketch challenge and this week's CCEE Challenge, which is a color challenge this week: pink, Kraft, and white. Anything with Kraft and I'm ready, LOL.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Kraft, Pretty In Pink, and a luscious kraft DP by Bo Bunny called Lunch Sack Vine. I picked up a couple double sided sheets of this and I already know I need to get more while it's available. LOVE it!! The reverse is kraft with white vines (see below). The next element is Kraft with Pretty In Pink. The focal image was stamped on Whisper White with a stamp from Inkadinkado's Floral Flourishes set in Pretty In Pink craft ink and embossed with clear embossing powder. I added a Petal Pink Liquid Pearl to the center of the largers flower. It's matted on Pretty In Pink DSP from the Prints Pack and Kraft. Following the sketch, I punched a slot in one end of the focal image and ran a pink gingham ribbon through and tied it in a bow. I made a stick pin and added it to the bow, along with a couple of gold Dew Drops for balance. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Close To Cocoa ink using a stamp from MFT's Essential Sentiments set. It was punched out with the Word Window punch, layered on Pretty In Pink and Kraft punched with oval punches and is up on 3M foam squares. I like this sketch and I really like these colors together--a nice soft look.

Thanks for droppin in!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Floral Flourishes (Inkadinkado); Essential Sentiments (MFT)

Paper:
Whisper White, Kraft, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Lunch Bag Vine (Bo Bunny)

Ink:
Pretty In Pink Craft, Close To Cocoa (SU!)

Accessories:
3M foam squares, heat tool, clear embossing powder, ribbon, stick pin supplies (craft store); Embossing Buddy, Small Oval, Oval, and Word Window punches (SU!); Dew Drops (Robins Nest); Liquid Pearls (Ranger)


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, thanks so much for playing, love your card. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that paper is gorgeous! Such a pretty card! I love that sketch...I hope I get to do it this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! I have to agree with Cindy that your card is GORGEOUS!! Thank you for playing in our CCEE challenge and giving us a plug on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Barb! It is so soft and feminine....that is sorta what pink and kraft are together. You did a wonderful job on this and I am so happy your joined in our fun with this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL colors, and LOVE the stick pin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty card Barb thanks so much for playing our CCEE challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaah! I love this card--everything about it! That paper is divine and so is the image! Great colors too--EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!! What an elegant beauty!! Love the paper and the pin with the gorgeous ribbon!! Thanks so much for participating in our color challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW -- SO GORGEOUS -- love everything about your card -- those colors are so fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...