Friday, August 30, 2013

Bucket List–MFT September Teaser, Day Three

teaserday3_2013aug30


Hi, everyone, and welcome to Day Three Teaser for MFT’s September release. Today we’re previewing Sunny Day Doodles - Celebrate Life, Doodle Garden Happy Harvest, Laina Lamb Design Journal It - Take Note, Mini Album Fancy Ticket STAX Die-namics, and Mini Chicken Wire Die-namics. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog to see what the other designers have for you today and don’t for get: release is September 3rd at 10 pm!

TeaserTime_FullSize
I did another scrapbook page for my project today—another one documenting our trip to Florida in May to the MFT Retreat. The day after all the MFT festivities was my birthday and my DH and I spent it at Disney. I’d been to Disneyland but never to Disney World so since we were SO close we took advantage of it. We were only there one day so my goal was Magic Kingdom and Epcot and we made them both so this “Bucket List” element is PERFECT! :)

I started with some Kraft card stock and stitched on a sheet of patterned paper, the edges of which I distressed. Then I brushed on some gesso  and created some bricks to match those in the photos with MPD Brick Wall stencil and some molding paste; I sponged on some Brick Red ink for color after it was dry. I stamped the lines from LLD Journal It – Take Note on Primitive White card stock cut with Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Insert with Berrylicious ink then stamped “Bucket List” with the soon-to-be-released Steel Gray ink. Yep, that’s one of the new colors of ink for September and I’m happy dancin’ about that! I added the check marks from the set with Brick Red ink and the paper clip with Black Licorice ink.

I slipped a Die-namics Boy Meet Girl border, cut from Steel Gray card stock on top of the bricks, then mounted the photos, which were matted with Steel Gray card stock as well. My next step was to cut some Die-namics Stacking Stars from glitter paper and scatter them around. Then I created the “negative” strip by adding some acetate behind a Die-namics Mini Film Strip die cut after running the acetate strip through some Copic refill ink over and over until I got the effect I was looking for. I wish I could take credit for this idea, but I CASE’d it from Tara Godfrey, a former MFT designer :)

To finish it off, I stamped the tickets from a previously released set, DC Just the Ticket with Steel Gray ink and the stick pin is from LLD Journal It – Take Note, stamped with Steel Gray ink and Brick Red ink. This was really a fun page to do—looking forward to my next one :)











~Supplies~
Stamps: LLD Journal It – Take Note,
DC Just the Ticket (MFT)
Paper:
Kraft card stock, Primitive White card stock, Steel Gray card stock (MFT); patterned paper (Bo Bunny); glitter paper
Ink: Steel Gray ink,
Brick Red ink, Black Licorice ink, Berrylicious ink (MFT); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Stacking Stars, Die-namics Mini Film Strip, Die-namics Just the Ticket Die Only, Die-namics Boy Meet Girl, Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Insert, MPD Brick Wall stencil (MFT); sewing machine, Copic ink, molding paste, gesso, Tiny Attacher, paper distressing tool


brownwendysignature

28 comments:

  1. Great layout. Love the bucket list stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your layout is great. Love the creative stitching along the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased you got to see Disney World, I was probably there too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect emblishments!!! Nice vacation page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your page Barbara! Love to see you scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page? Love the diecut accents

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun, love the film strip, great page

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic layout. Love the design and that filmstrip is magic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take Note is a must have on my list!! Nice layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout! Love the bucket list...I like how you have scrapped Disney pictures without it being overly "Disney". LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing scrapbook page Barbara great memories

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an absolutely fabulous page Barbara!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this scrapbook page - you pulled everything together so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This stamp set is definitely a must have for me. I'm always using phrases about Bucket List, Shopping List, To Do...etc. Great LO!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great layout, I love how you used this set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous page, Barbara! I'm pretty sure you'll have a chance to visit next May as well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous layout Barbara! Love the combination of dies and stamps on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terrific. Love the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely page. I especially like the border at the bottom with all the little people holding hands.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice layout...Disney-so many memories...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your layout! Disney World's one of our family's favorite places for vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...