Wednesday, August 07, 2013

You’re a STAR–MFTWSC #136

MFTWSC136_2013aug7

Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC136

So, I went A2 size with my card. I truly love the new Plaid Builder Background set (can you tell?) and used it again on this card. I stamped the plaid on Kraft card stock with Kraft ink, the new Brick Red ink, and navy blue ink. This is a great masculine color combo, I think and would be great for a young man about to go off to college or starting a new career. I layered it on Nightshift Blue card stock and adhered both to a Primitive Cream card stock base. I stamped the sentiment, from Bold Statements, on a Primitive Cream card stock element cut from Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX and popped it up on foam. I added a strip into which I cut a Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Chevrons pattern, popped it up as well, then added a Die-namics Star STAX.

For the inside, I stamped a couple of images from DC Life’s Direction, using Kraft ink and Brick Red ink.


MFTWSC136_2013aug7in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by!









~Supplies~
Stamps:
Bold Statements, Plaid Builder Background, DC Life’s Direction (MFT)  
Paper:
Primitive Cream card stock, Kraft card stock, Brick Red card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Brick Red ink, Kraft ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Chevrons, Die-namics Star STAX, Die-namics Pierced Circle STAX 


brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. I ADORE this Bar! The background is fantastic and I LOVE the chevrons in the fishtail flag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the plaid against the kraft background and the Chevron and star are a perfect choice. Such a nice masculine card. This card has pushed me over the fence and convinced me that I *must* have the new Plaid Builder set. :) Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome card, lovely background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...