Wednesday, August 07, 2013

A Little Note–CTD #254

CTD254_2013aug7

Hey everyone! It’s Color Throwdown time! This week I’m the host and I’ve got a nice summery palette for you to work with.


swatch 254

Before I get to my card, I have a special announcement to make. The
Color Throwdown Challenge has just added two new members to the design team. I think you’re all going to agree with us that Vickie Zimmer and Melody Rupple will be AWESOME additions to the team—I can’t wait to see all the fabulous inspiration they will bring to the table. Vickie was a Guest Designer last year and Melody is on the MFT team with me and will be doing some scrapbooking for her designs. Some new blood to shake us up some :) 

OK, then, on to my card :) I told you you would be seeing MFT’s new Plaid Builder Background a lot from me and here it is again. I had to put it away so I wouldn’t pick it up for every card—it’s that much fun to stamp with!

So, I created my plaid with the challenge colors on
Sweet Tooth card stock and adhered it to a Kraft card stock base. Then I cut a Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Notepad from Sweet Tooth card stock and stamped it with LLD Journal It – For the Record and then a little sentiment from DC Contempo Cage. I popped it up on foam, added a Die-namics Leaf-Filled Flourish cut from Sour Apple card stock and a Die-namics Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose cut from Lemon Drop card stock. To finish it off I added a few sequins and it was done!

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from Clearly Sentimental About Friendship.


CTD254_2013aug7in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the
Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD254 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week, including our fabulous Guest Designer for August, Kendra Wietstock!  

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn Put
Melody Rupple
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer 
Wanda Cullen
Kendra Wietstock – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!










~Supplies~
Stamps:
DC Contempo Cage, Plaid Builder Background, LLD Journal It – For the Record, Clearly Sentimental About Friendship (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Kraft card stock, Lemon Drop card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Lemon Drop ink, Sour Apple ink, Sno Cone ink (MFT); Brilliant Blue (SU!)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics LLD Insert It – 3 x 4 Notepad, Die-namics Mini Hybrid Heirloom Rose, Die-namics Leaf-Filled Flourish (MFT); foam tape, sequins


brownwendysignature

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!! I love it! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so pretty n beautiful...very bight n cheery...loved it at first sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Barbara! I love the freshness of the colors, dp and pretty flower ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE these colors and your card. It is so fresh and bright. Have to have the plaid maker!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Bar! The color combo is so fresh and I ADORE the sequins!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute layout! Gotta love that plaid stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you creating your own perfect plaid paper...this is gorgeous, Bar!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DARLING card, and love the plaid, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors in your plaid! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card Barbara!! That plaid is so attractive and the yellow flower looks terrific on there. Fun summer colors and a beautiful example for us!! :>)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous! Love the plaid paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are quite the enabler with all these gorgeous plaids! I just had to order it!Love this design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a gorgeous card! I love the flower you made! So happy to be joining you on the Color Throwdown this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...