Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Fall Foliage–MFT September Teaser, Day One

teaserday1_2013aug28

Hello!! Welcome to the first day of MFT September Teasers! I can’t believe it’s almost September already but I am so glad we’re almost at my favorite season of the year—Fall. And what better way to kick off September Teasers than a new set by Lisa JohnsonLJD Fall Foliage and Die-namics LJD Fall Foliage. Additionally, today we’re previewing Pure Innocence Cornucopia, Blueprints 7 Die-namics, and Mona Pendleton Designs Houndstooth Stencil. Release is September 3rd at 10pm. Be sure to check out the MFT Blog today for more samples from the MFT Design Team.


TeaserTime_FullSize



I just LOVE this new set by Lisa. Not surprising since I love all things Fall! I started with a Hot Fudge card stock base, then added a Primitive Cream card stock layer cut with the large mat from Die-namics Blueprints 5. Then I stamped the sentiment with Hot Fudge ink.

Next I cut out all the leaves, etc., from Die-namics LJD Fall Foliage and stamped them with the coordinating images from LJD Fall Foliage using the rock and roll technique. I inked the images, from top to bottom, with Brick Red ink, Jellybean Green ink, Grape Jelly ink, Kraft ink, and Orange Fizz ink. Then I used some SU! inks that I kept just for this purpose to keep from messing up my awesome MFT ink pads. I gently shaped the leaves and popped everything up on foam. For the acorns, I used Kraft ink and Hot Fudge ink.

I stamped another sentiment from the set on the inside, along with a couple more of those adorable acorns.

teaserday1_2013aug28in 


And there you have it—September’s first Teaser! Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope to see you back later for this week’s MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge and tomorrow for Teaser Day Two!







~Supplies~
Stamps: LJD Fall Foliage (
MFT)
Paper:
Hot Fudge card stock, Primitive Cream card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Hot Fudge ink, Jellybean Green ink, Kraft ink, Orange Fizz ink, Grape Jelly ink, Brick Red ink (MFT); Cajun Craze, Old Olive, Soft Suede (SU!); Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools:
Die-namics Blueprints 5, Die-namics LJD Fall Foliage (MFT); foam tape


brownwendysignature

43 comments:

  1. Really LOVE this new set and dies! Amazing cards. Love the colors and cant wait to pick these stamps up for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so ready for the Fall. This is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi barbara,

    beautiful card!!! love the 2 colorcombination on each leaf.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just stunning - I love the little bit of purple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've made the colors so soft and subtle, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card,
    I like the technique that you used in the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous fall card. Love the way the leaves are more than one color. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barbara, this is such a pretty card and I love that you decorated the inside too! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card! That new stamp set is at the top of my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love fall!!! and I love your card. the colors are gorgeous, Bar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your Fall card and those sweet acorns really caught my eye.I have been looking for the "perfect acorn" stamp for ages and this one really fits the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely card, great rock and roll technique ...looks great

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. The leaves look so real.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Barbara, I love that you did the leaves in soft fall colors really nice :)

    ReplyDelete

  16. Love this card, I can see my list getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Barbara!! Loving the Fall colours!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sigh. Just gorgeous, Barbara! I love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great cards. Love the stamps and matching dies.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful! Fall crafting is the best crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your ideas and the 3D effect on the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  22. so beautiful! I love the rolled inking

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the variety of colors in your rock and rolled leaves as well as the two toned acorns. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a pretty card and I really like the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the fall colors! Love all your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Acorns and oak leaves--my yard--soon to be on my cards, too. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great card--I love the rich fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely gorgeous fall colours and lovely elegant design.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love autumn! I love purple! I love acorns! I love your card because it has them all! Are you sure you don't want my snail mail so you can send it to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful Barbara! I love the card base card and then the lighter layer with the leaves and that surprise pop of the purple for the berries. Love these leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Barbara - Love your card, the colors are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful inking of the fall colors! This new stamp set is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Beautiful card!! Love the peek of purple with the fall colors.

    ReplyDelete
  34. You nailed this Card. You captured every FALL color that reminds me of how much I Love this Season.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Just love the colors on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Low the colors and design. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...