Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hello, Dear Friend

DTGDKJ_2013aug1


Hi everyone! I have a card using the recently released LJD Splendid Sunflower set. You don’t need much else when you use this gorgeous image.

I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, which I covered with an image from LJD Art Expression Text stamped with Black Licorice ink. I added a Blu Raspberry card stock layer and then stamped the leaves from LJD Splendid Sunflower with Gumdrop Green ink on a Sweet Tooth card stock panel. The sentiment is from LJD Blissful Butterflies, also stamped with Black Licorice ink. The sunflower was stamped on a Die-namics LJD Splendid Sunflower die cut using Lemon Drop ink for the petals and Kraft ink for the center and is popped up on foam. I added some shading to the petals and leaves with Copic markers. To finish it off I tied some baker’s twine around in a bow.

I stamped another sentiment from LJD Blissful Butterflies on the inside.


DTGDKJ_2013aug1in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today!











~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Splendid Sunflower, LJD Art Expression Text, LJD Blissful Butterflies (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Blu Raspberry card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Gumdrop Green ink, Lemon Drop ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics LJD Splendid Sunflower (MFT); foam tape, baker’s twine, Copic markers


brownwendysignature

3 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Barbara! I love the extra color with the Copics, it add so much dimension and the colors are beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that settles it... now I NEED that sunflower! This is gorgeous, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...