Thursday, August 29, 2013

Winged Beauties - MFT August Teasers, Day Two

teaserday2a_2013aug29


Welcome back to Day Two of MFT’s September Teasers! Today we’re previewing Mona Pendleton Designs Winged Beauties, Mona Pendleton Designs Winged Beauties Die-namics, Mona Pendleton Designs Winged Beauties Stencil, and Pierced Rectangle STAX Die-namics. Be sure to check out the list of designers with samples for you today over at the MFT Blog, and remember release is on September 3rd at 10pm.


TeaserTime_FullSize

I have a couple of cards to show you today using MPD Winged Beauties and Die-namics MPD Winged Beauties. I love butterflies—they work for EVERTHING! Birthdays, weddings, sympathy, and everything in between. These sets are fabulous, with several sizes of butterflies and some SWEET sentiments.  

For my first card, I first stamped some background paper with last month’s
Plaid Builder Background set using Jellybean Green ink on Primitive White card stock and matted it with Black Licorice card stock. Then I popped up another panel of Primitive White card stock onto which I adhered a Die-namics Large Fancy Flourish cut from Jellybean Green card stock. Then I cut out three sizes of butterflies with Die-namics MPD Winged Beauties and stamped the correlating butterflies from MPD Winged Beauties in Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, and Tangy Orange ink and popped them up on foam. I cut both of the flags from Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, from Primitive White card stock and Black Licorice card stock and stamped the sentiment with Black Licorice ink and popped it up on foam. To finish it off, I added some enamel dots in matching colors.

I stamped another sentiment from the set on the inside.

teaserday2a_2013aug29in
*****

For my second card, I started with another Primitive White card stock card base. Then I stamped a piece of Kraft card stock with another new set this month, Large Scale Backgrounds—love the big old hounds tooth image! This set is this month’s Free With $60 set.

Print
I stamped it with Versamark then stamped the sentiment from the set with Black Licorice ink. I matted that with Black Licorice card stock and popped it up on foam on the base.


teaserday2b_2013aug29

Next, I cut a Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Squared from Primitive White card stock and popped it up on foam, then cut four butterflies and stamped them with Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, Tangy Orange ink, and Brick Red ink. I added matching hemp cord-tied buttons to each before popping them up on foam as well. Before adhering it all together, I wrapped some hemp cord around in a bow to finish it off.

For the inside, I stamped another sentiment from the set.

teaserday2b_2013aug29in


And that’s it! Thanks so much for stopping by today!


teaserday2a_2013aug29





teaserday2b_2013aug29










~Supplies~
Hello Card:
Stamps: MPD Winged Beauties,
Plaid Builder Background (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Jellybean Green card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Jellybean Green ink, Black Licorice ink, Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, Tangy Orange ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Large Fancy Flourish, Die-namics First Place Award Ribbon, Die-namics MPD Butterfly Beauties (MFT); foam tape, enamel dots

Butterfly Wishes Card:
Stamps: MPD Winged Beauties, Large Scale Backgrounds (
MFT)
Paper:
Primitive White card stock, Kraft card stock, Black Licorice card stock (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Lemon Drop ink, Orange Fizz ink, Tangy Orange ink, Brick Red ink (MFT); Versamark
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Peek-a-Boo Squared, Die-namics MPD Winged Beauties, Lemon Drop button, Orange Fizz button, Tangy Orange button, Brick Red button, hemp cord (MFT); foam tape


brownwendysignature

29 comments:

  1. I cant believe I am your first poster, go Australia. Its like all my Christmases have come true at once, BUTTERFLIES stamps, stencils and dies. You have made a couple of wonderful cards and I cant wait to get these myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work! These butterflies are gorgeous~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your card are beautiful with those butterfly stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards! I love the butterflies taking flight from the tendrils

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both cards. The first one reminds me of the flowers my grandson (we call him Ed Hume Jr) planted (Natursiums) and the amount of butterflies they attract. Love the use of the peek-a-boo to present the various butterflies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love butterflies and your cards are great....can't wait to have this set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, love the great design of the second. These new butterflies are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful, Barbara. love that second card. I forget about that die, the butterflies look beautiful mounted in those circles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovin' the butterflies Barb - love the first card you made especially. Funny -- so behind on emails I came here for a completely different card but the link wasn't to the other challenge, just your blog so I'm in the thick of it now! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 fabulous cards 2 super creative layouts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the butterflies! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your talent. Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving these cards Barbara!! Such pretty butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fab cards-give me butterflys and polka dots and I'm in. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of your cards, they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards. The "suspended" butterflies are very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards Barbara. Love the colorful butterflies with the flourish and the way you did the peek-a-boo frame with the butterflies also. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both beautiful butterfly cards. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very lovely cards! I love the butterflies! ~ Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Butterfly creations. Love all of these cards Girl! Butterfly Wishes bring Hugs & Kisses...Muwah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love butterflies and can't have too many. Your cards are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love both of your cards--so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love both of your cards ;) The design on your first card is beautiful with the butterflies against the flourish and love the the added touch of the buttons and hemp cord on your second one - BEAUTIFUL CARDS :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Must case your first card. Love butterflies, never too many.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...