Saturday, December 03, 2016

MFT December Release Countdown, Day Four

countdownday4a_2016dec3


Hi everyone! Welcome to Day Four of MFT’s December Release Countdown! Today we’re previewing BB Our Story Stamp Set, BB Our Story Die-namics, Wavy Coloring Book Background, Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics, Star Grid Cover-Up Die-namics, and Star Grid Stencil. Be sure to check by the MFT Blog for all of today’s details and remember that release is on December 6th at 9pm EST.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day4

I have a couple of cards for you today starting with this adorable set from Birdie BrownBB Our Story and BB Our Story Die-namics. I decided to make this an interactive card—that lamp was just begging me to light it up so I did just that with my Chibi Lights. I started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base, then on Smooth White card stock I sponged my background with Berrylicious dye ink, Kraft dye ink, and a Mini Ink Blending Tool. I stamped the sentiment and set it aside. Then I stamped the images I wanted to use with Black Licorice hybrid ink on X-Press It Blending Card, cut them out with the coordinating dies, and colored them with Copic markers.

countdownday4a_2016dec3b


I created my Chibi Lights circuit on the card base by creating a simple paper switch which is located under the little side table. The battery is just under the word “BOOKWORM” and the light is, of course, under the lamp shade. I cut a small hole in the card front and popped the light up on one layer of foam mounting tape (it takes two layers of foam between the card base and card front to clear the battery) within the hole, and popped the lamp up on foam to cover the hole. Then I added all the other elements, also popped up on foam for added dimension.

countdownday4a_2016dec3c


To turn the light on you simply press on the table which activates the switch—so cool! If I were going to mail this I’d insert a piece of card stock to keep the circuit from making contact and the recipient would pull the card stock out to activate the switch.
*****

My second card is a little simpler starring the new
Wavy Coloring Book Background and Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics with an oldie but goodie set as a supporting actor ;-)

countdownday4b_2016dec3


This card also started with a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then I stamped the background with Versamark on the smooth side of Ranger Watercolor Paper (smooth side because this background is so intricate and I wanted it all to show) and heat embossed with white detail embossing powder. Next I did a watercolor wash with Peerless Watercolors and adhered it to the card base after it dried, then I cut Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and popped it up on foam mounting tape.

countdownday4b_2016dec3b


I stamped some fun images from Soak Up the Fun on X-Press It Blending Card with Black Licorice hybrid ink, cut them out with the coordinating dies, colored with Copic markers, and popped them up on foam within the window openings. I then stamped the sentiment with Versamark on Black Licorice card stock cut with Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-namics and popped it up on foam as well. I finished off with some Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

And that’s it for Day Four of
MFT’s Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Three!


1newsupplies
countdownday4a_2016dec3


countdownday4b_2016dec3


~Supplies~
Interactive Card:
Stamps:
BB Our Story (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Berrylicious dye ink, Kraft dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Smooth White card stock, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
BB Our Story Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Chibi Lights, Mini Ink Blending Tool, MISTI (MFT); Copic markers

Wavy Background Card:
Stamps:
Wavy Coloring Book Background, Soak Up the Fun (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Black Licorice card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Stitched Triple Peek-a-Boo Window & Edge Die-namics, Soak Up the Fun Die-namics, Tag Builder Blueprints 4 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Pretty Pink Posh sequins, MISTI (MFT); Copic markers, heat tool

1newsignature

8 comments:

  1. Oh these are both so cute! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards. Bookworm being near to my heart as my granddaughter won a Kumon reading award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fishy card! And thanks for the tip on mailing with chibi. I recently bought a kit and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! those cards are very beautiful. As a bookworm I like the card with the little reader. Loved the idea that the light, lights. But the other card is also very cute. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Ahhhh, I'm drooling over these cards Girl! That lighted lamp is Genius! Very crafty my friend..very crafty indeed (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The triple window circles die is so unique. Looking forward to playing with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...