Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bloom Where You're Planted


Finally got a chance to ink up some of my new Verve stamps. I'm sure these will see lots of use in the future. This card is for Mojo Monday #78, and I'm really liking this sketch!!!

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, and DP from the Poppyfinch 6 x 6 pack from Memory Box. The next element is more of the same, different DP, with my favorite purple ribbon tied around in a bow, following the sketch. The focal image uses stamps from two new sets from Verve: Floral Symphony and Miracles Blossom. The sentiment and the stems/leaves were stamped on Whisper White with Old Olive and the flower was stamped with Elegant Eggplant. I rounded the lower corners and did the same on the Baja Breeze and Elegant Eggplant mats. An aqua jewel sets off the flower center and adds a little bling, and this element is up on 3M foam squares. A very simple card, but I'm quite happy with it. What do you think?

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Floral Symphony and Miracles Blossom (Verve)
Paper: Whisper White , Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze (SU!); Poppyfinch 6 x 6 pack (Memory Box)
Ink: Old Olive and Elegant Eggplant (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, jewel (craft store); Corner rounder punch (EK Success)

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so beautiful!! The ribbon is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card - love the colours and the bow

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Verve stamps, just don't have enough of them!!! This looks great with this DP! Bow is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!