Monday, March 09, 2009

Dance, Sing, Live, in Pink, Red, Green

Twisted title, huh? Twisted title for the "twist" of this week's Viva la Verve sketch with a twist challenge. The twist this week is to use pink, red, and green with the sketch.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Old Olive, Ruby Red, and DP from the Cupcake 6 x 6 pad from Basic Grey. The focal image is the only other element on this card. I used a favorite stamp of mine from Beautiful You, stamped on DP with Ruby Red ink and layered on Pretty In Pink and Old Olive. I punched two slots, ran the ribbon through one, around the card, and through the other before tying the bow from green grosgrain and popping the entire element up on 3M foam squares. Three buttons were tied on with waxed linen thread, as was the accent button on the left. Pretty simple, but I got all the required colors in!

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Wonderful You (Verve)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Ruby Red, Pretty In Pink (SU!); Cupcake 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU!)
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, waxed linen (craft store); buttons (my stash); slot punch (SU!)

4 comments:

  1. Luv this verse!
    Great card!

    Peace and Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card!!! Love it! ~Olena~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, I love it! I don't think I have used but one or two pieces of my DP like that--shame one me!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card! Beautiful, elegant and fun, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!