Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Celebrate!


A co-worker asked me to make a card for her grandson, whose birthday is on St. Patrick's Day, and she wanted a St. Patrick's Day theme. So, I used Jen del Muro's SFYTT this week for the layout.

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard, and two DP from Karen Foster. The stripe is called St. Patrick's Stripes and the houndstooth is called Green Houndstooth. The focal image was stamped with a stamp from SU!'s Just Celebrate set on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. card stock with Rich Cocoa Memento ink and colored with Copic markers (see picture below for the colors I used). It was then layered on More Mustard and Kiwi Kiss. Kiwi Kiss striped ribbon, a shamrock from Michaels and a button from my stash, and Dew Drops from the Fresh Cut Grass collection finish it off.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Just Celebrate! (SU!)
Paper: Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, More Mustard (SU!); St. Patrick's Stripes and Green Houndstooth (Karen Foster)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Accessories: Dew Drops (Robin's Nest); shamrock Michaels; button (stash); ribbon (SU!); Copic markers

2 comments:

  1. what fun colors together! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the colors, and that bit of houndstooth peeking out! A great St. Patty's Birthday card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!