Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Easter, Featured Stamper!


This card is for two challenges on SCS: Featured Stamper #110, and Color Combinations #210. Stacy (Twinshappy on SCS), is the Featured Stamper this week. Check out her gallery for some awesome eye candy. I chose this card of hers to CASE--I love what she's doing with the new Flourishes releases! I changed the colors, the image, and embellishments--and kept the layout. The colors for this week's challenge are: Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red, and Kraft. Well. Kraft goes with anything and it's a good thing. When I first saw these colors together I was doubtful, to say the least. But I like what I ended up with. I would never have put them together but this made me think outside of my box.

My base card is Kraft with layers of Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, and Whisper White with a punched border. (Huh. No DP ;-)) A red and tan gingham ribbon is tied around that in a bow. The focal image uses a stamp from Flourishes' Signs of Spring set, was stamped three times on Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and is colored with Copic markers (see below for colors). The whole flower head was cut out and is up on 3M foam squares and the trumpet is yet another layer on foam squares. The edges were sponged with Distress Ink in Vintage Photograph and matted with Summer Sun and Kraft card stock. Two red brads accent the left upper corner and the whole thing is up on foam squares. The sentiment is from the same set and was stamped/sponged in the same manner as the focal image. It was punched out with an oval punch, layered on Summer Sun and Kraft, accented with another red brad, and is up on foam squares.

Thanks for dropping by!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Signs of Spring (Flourishes)
Paper: Kraft, Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, and Whisper White (SU!); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80 lb. paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Vintage Photograph Distress Ink
Accessories: 3M foam squares, ribbon, brads (craft store); oval and large oval punches (SU!); Martha Stewart border punch; Copic markers

6 comments:

  1. Your cards are really beautiful, very special, and masterfully crafted. Thank you so much for the wonderful "recipes!" So thorough and very, very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara this is beautiful! Your daffodil looks wonderful and I think the ribbon bow is just the perfect touch. And I love that its a gingham look. Fabulous card. Thank you for taking the time to case one of my cards! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE reading the descriptions of your beautiful cards. It's so helpful (especially to a newbie) as to the process you go through to create these beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Barbara!! I love how you colored the daffodil and the gingham bow is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous - Barb!!! Love your take on Stacy's card!!! So fun and springy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous, and LOVE that big gingham bow! GLG!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!