Monday, May 07, 2018

Feliz Cumple–MFT May Release Countdown, Day One

ballooncardkitbox3

Hello and welcome to Day One of MFT’s May Release Countdown! Release is tomorrow night, May 8th, at 9pm. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing Balloon Alphabet Die-namics, Balloon Numbers Die-namics, Block Happy Birthday Die-namics - previous kit Free with $60, Party Die-namics - free with $60, Sweet Somebunny Stamp Set, Sweet Somebunny Die-namics, and Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot Background.


Print

This project was inspired by a SWEET little girl I met when we visited friends in Argentina in February. For some inexplicable reason, she fell in love with me and could not understand why I couldn’t stay until her birthday in March. I would love to have done but alas, duty called at home. She turned 8 on her birthday and I decided to make her a special birthday card. Happily the March Card Kit contained Balloon Alphabet and Balloon Numbers Die-namics which turned out to be perfect for it.

I cut bunches of balloons for my pop-up box and spelled out “Feliz Cumple” as a greeting, which is accepted as a short form of Feliz Cumpleaños. Which was good since that’s a looooog word, LOL! The balloons are held up with strips of acetate card stock and I added some Party Banners and stars as fillers.

ballooncardkitboxb3

I used Mini Well-Connected Alphabet to create the rest of the sentiment, “Ernestina is 8”. This project took a good while to make but was totally worth it when I saw the smile on her face in the video our friend took of her when she saw it.

And that’s it from me for Day One of MFT’s May Release Countdown! Hope to see you back tomorrow night for New Product Release! Thanks for stopping by! See you soon!

1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Mini Well-Connected Alphabet & Numbers
Die-namics: Balloon Alphabet, Balloon Numbers, Party Banners, Stitched Tag-Corner Rectangle STAX, Inside & Out Stitched Stars, Blueprints 13
Dye Ink: Black Licorice
Patterned Paper: Black & White Stripes
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Paver Red, Electric Red, Orange Zest, Daffodil, Limelight, Green Room, Blu Raspberry, Blue Breeze, Lavender Fields, Grape Jelly
Specialty Papers: Gold Sparkle, Heat Resistant Acetate
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter


1newsignature_thumb[1]

5 comments:

  1. What a fun and colorful card! That's such a sweet story about Ernestina and so nice of you to make her a special card. I imagine it put a huge smile on her face, and really, that's what it's all about. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is stunning!!! so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been a fan of box cards, and I love this one! So bright and cheerful, there is so much you can do with these balloon dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pop up box card, so many balloons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...