Thursday, May 03, 2018

Happy Birthday–MFT May Release Countdown, Day Five

countdownday5_2018may3

Hello and welcome to Day Five of MFT’s May Release Countdown!! Release is on May 8th at 9pm so mark your calendars now. And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing Spirited Sentiments Stamp Set, Margarita Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics, Martini Shaker Window & Frame Die-namics, Margarita Shaker Pouches, Martini Shaker Pouches, Frosty Ice Cubes, and Basic Shapes – Circle Stencil.



Print

Well, you might remember how much I loved the Triangles Basic Shapes and now we have circles!! Stenciling is such a great way to create a design that is not bulky and is CAS. For this card, I chose some colors that could be masculine in Lush Lagoon, Blueberry, Summer Splash, and Latte. I did a practice run on my grid paper and when I had a design I liked I recreated it on my card front.

countdownday5_2018may3b

Then I cut Block Happy Birthday from Gold Sparkle card stock and popped it up on foam. To help keep the letters straight, I cut it again from scrap paper and taped it to my card front with removable tape. Then I could pop those letters up on foam within that template and when I removed it my letters were perfectly straight! I finished off with some Sprinkles in matching colors.

And that’s it for Day Five of MFT’s May Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you back tomorrow for Day Four!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Die-namics: Block Happy Birthday
Stencils: Basic Shapes – Circle
Dye Ink: Lush Lagoon, Summer Splash, Blueberry, Latte
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth
Specialty Papers: Gold Sparkle
Supplies: foam mounting tape, Sprinkles: Swimming Pool, Blue Jeans, Gold Glitter
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, craft tweezers, plastic eraser
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter

1newsignature_thumb[1]

19 comments:

  1. Adorable card! So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors you used. And it's such a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used. And it's such a CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the different shades of blue you used here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great birthday card, I love the placement of the sprinkles, it makes the circles look like balloons. I love the Latte color with the blues, perfect for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple yet effective beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The design is so sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a festive birthday card, I love the stenciled circles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the simplicity of your card! It is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My favorite style of card -CAS! I really like the circle stencil and the versatility of it. Your card would be fun for any gender and age!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of color and ink. This is a perfect base for so many cards. I will add it to my repertoire. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so great! I love the circles stencil :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great color combination. The gold glitter sentiment adds just the right amount of bling.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The May release looks like so much fun! I can't wait to make some new version of Martinis and Margaritas! And of course then to add circles of all sizes. Thanks for the innovative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like another cool release this month - I love your card - clean and simple but so much fun! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. clean, simple, so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...