Thursday, May 31, 2018

I Hope Your Birthday Is Full of Sunshine–MFT June Release Countdown, Day Five

countdownday5_2018may31

Hello and welcome to Day Five of MFT’s June Release Countdown! I’m sorry, did I just type JUNE????? Seriously???? Boy, is it just me or is this year is flying! ? One thing that definitely makes time fly is having fun playing with MFT products and this month is no different. Release is on June 5th at 9pm; be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing Toucan Do It Stamp Set, Toucan Do It Die-namics, Wonky Banners Die-namics, Fill of Sunshine Stamp Set, Sunshine Shaker Die-namics, Circle Shaker Treat Pouches - previously released, Circle Shaker Pouches - previously released, Radiating Halftone Background, and Sunshine - Free with $60.


Print

I just love this Sunshine Shaker Die-namics!!! So many things you could do with it but today I just wanted to make the sun shine! I started by covering a Sweet Tooth card stock panel with clouds using Mini Cloud Edges Stencil, Blue Breeze Dye Ink, and a sponge dauber. Then I cut the Sunshine Shaker die out, reserving the “rays”. I cut it again from Sunshine, Daffodil, and Pineapple card stocks and then replaced the “ray’s with the cloud background.

countdownday5_2018may31b

Before I created my shaker element, I stamped the sentiment from Full of Sunshine Stamp Set. The shaker element has three yellow sequins in two sizes, Marshmallow Seed Beads, and yellow Prills. To close up the back I used the Sunshine center and adhered it to a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Next I used all three yellows and popped up the “rays”, alternating shades of yellow for some interest and contrast. I finished off with a couple of Puffy Clouds Die-namics and some Bumblebee Sprinkles.

And that’s it for Day Five of MFT’s June Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Four!


1newsupplies_thumb[1]

All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Full of Sunshine
Die-namics: Sunshine Shaker, Puffy Clouds
Stencils: Mini Cloud Edges
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock: Sweet Tooth, Sunshine, Daffodil, Pineapple
Supplies: foam mounting tape, E-Z Runner, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Sequins: 4mm & 6mm Lemon Meringue, 4mm & 6mm Lemon Drop, 4mm & 6mm Marigold, Marshmallow Seed Beads, You Had Me at Yellow Prills, Bumblebee Sprinkles, Circle Shaker Pouches
Tools: Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, craft tweezers, plastic eraser, sponge dauber
Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter


1newsignature_thumb[1]

22 comments:

  1. Super cute! The sun can be used for so many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shaker card! I like how you incorporated the clouds too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect summer card! The sun die is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! I love this card!!! Simple & sweet.
    What a GREAT card to say hello or cheer someone up.
    This is a must-have die!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Love those shaker cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shaker cards and this one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love the sunshine shaker card. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful ray of sunshine Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A bright and sunny card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love the bright, cheery look.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card, Barbara! Your fluffy clouds are perfect with your bright sunshine shaker...Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrific card! The sun and sayings are such versatile stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous background, thank you for sharing 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Barbara - LOVE your crab card and the other sunshine one is very sweet too, but I can't resist the crab. I've just been drooling over the fish, the aquarium and the crab, then they bring out the tropical birds and toucan. I'm "floundering" here, hehehehe,as now I want them all. Anyway, thanks as always for your fun inspiration cards. Gorgeous. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the shaker sun and the stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Barbara -- love the filling!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very uplifting and positive. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card, nice balance. Not too pfoofy (is that a word?) so it could be used for neighbor, boss, etc. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely shaker and fun colours. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...