Thursday, April 18, 2019

Sip, Sip, Hooray!–MFT April Birthday Project Challenge



Hello and welcome to the April edition of
MFT’s Birthday Project Challenge! This month it’s time to celebrate another trip around the sun with a favorite beverage…coffee or tea for a birthday brunch or maybe cocktails or wine for a night on the town! For this month’s challenge, check out the inspiration on the MFT Blog and then create a birthday card that includes the drink of your choice. Cheers to another year!



My design was inspired by Sip Sip Hooray Die-namics, which I’d never gotten around to using so I thought it was high time! And what fun I had with it! First I cut it from Some Sweet Tooth card stock and created a shaker element using clear acetate for the window, foam tape, and sequins and seed beads. Before I put it together, though, I stamped some “droplets” using Distressed Patterns and Aged Mahogany Distress Ink and part of two sentiment from Uncorked Stamp Set at the bottom.


Then I cut the two wine glasses from Wine Service Die-namics, colored them with Copic markers, and popped them up on foam tape. To finish off, I cut some Silver Sparkle card stock with Tag Builder Blueprints 6 Die-namics and adhered them to look like bubbles floated out of the glasses.

Now, it's your turn. You have until Wednesday, May 15, at noon Eastern to add your link on the MFT Blog and be eligible for the prize of $50 in MFT Cash to be spent in the MFT boutique. Winners are chosen at random, so everyone has a chance!

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon!







All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Uncorked, Distressed Patterns
Die-namics: Sip Sip Hooray, Wine Service, Tag Builder Blueprints 6
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Silver Sparkle
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers, Silver Shimmer seed beads, 1/8” Scor-Tape

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, clear acetate card stock, burgundy sequins


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!