Sunday, April 21, 2019

Flower Silhouette--MFT April Card Kit, Countdown Day One


Hello and welcome to Day One of
MFT’s April Card Kit, Flower Silhouette! Release is on April 23rd at 10am Eastern so make a note. And be sure to check by the MFT Blog for all the details.



I love the look of Versamark on Kraft card stock for a very subtle design, perfect for that all-too-necessary sympathy card. So that’s how I began this card, using my MISTI and stamping images until I was happy with it. Once that was done I stamped the sentiment from Deepest Sympathy with Extreme Black hybrid ink.


Next I adhered a strip of Black & White Stripes Paper Pack to a Sweet Tooth card stock base and adhered the stamped and trimmed panel on it with foam tape. I completed the card by heat embossing the rest of the sentiment on a narrow strip of Black Licorice card stock and adhering it directly to the card front.

And that’s it from me for Day One of MFT’s April Card Kit, Flower Silhouette. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day Two!






All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Flower Silhouette, Deepest Sympathy
Patterned Paper: Black & White Stripes
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Kraft, Black Licorice, Sweet Tooth
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Versamark, heat tool

10 comments:

  1. Love the look of versamark on kraft card stock too! Your card is a perfect card for a sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card design turned out beautifully. Loved how delicate and soft the flowers are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and sweet. I always look for your cards first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful Barbara. This is almost a whisper. Love how Versamark works on Kraft cardstock. You do such great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant! Love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Barbara
    The card is a real beauty. love how the versamark works on kraft cardstock. I would like to know about the difference of cardstock and kraft cardstock. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I love the card you made on 4/22, with the white embossing images on black card stock & colored with Copics!! I didn't know you could color on top of the embossed images. Thank you for your beautiful card ideas & invaluable lessons...

    ReplyDelete
  8. i always like the look of the B&W diagonal stripes. thanks for using it here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...