Monday, April 22, 2019

Flower Silhouette--MFT April Card Kit, Countdown Day Two



Hello and welcome to Day Two of
MFT’s April Card Kit, Flower Silhouette. Release is tomorrow, April 23rd at 10am Eastern so set you clocks! And don’t forget to stop by the MFT Blog to get all the details and see more samples from the MFT Design Team.



The definition of a silhouette is “the dark shape and outline of someone or something visible against a lighter background, especially in dim light.” Today, though, I chose to shake that up a bit and give you an idea for stretching your Flower Silhouette Stamp Set with color. To do this, I simply heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock with white detail embossing powder and colored the embossed areas with Copic markers. You don’t have to worry too much about your level of coloring expertise and it’s fast! I cut the images out with the coordinating Die-namics before I colored them so the coloring wouldn’t be marred.



To construct my card, I added a strip of Black & White Dots Paper pack and a sweet little shaker element with a sentiment from LJD Birthday Greetings inside. Once that was all assembled I simply added my flowers using hot glue and foam tape.

And there you have it for Day Two of MFT’s April Card Kit, Flower Silhouettes. Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the card kit release!





All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Flower Silhouette, LJD Birthday Greetings
Die-namics: Flower Silhouette, A2 Rectangle Frames
Patterned Paper: Black & White Dots
Dye Ink: Black Licorice
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Gold Sparkle
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura plastic eraser, clear acetate card stock, sequin mix, heat tool




3 comments:

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!