Tuesday, April 30, 2019

I’m so Hoppy for You–MFT April Hits & Highlights: Spin, Slide and Leap with Interactive Dies



Hello there and welcome to the April issue of
MFT’s Hits & Highlights! Today we’re making things Spin, Slide and Leap with Interactive Dies.




I chose to use Toad-ally Awesome Stamp Set and Die-namics and Leaping Slider Channels Die-namics so I could make the adorable froggy leap from lily pad to lily pad :)


I used Mini Cloud Edges Stencil and Blue Breeze Premium Dye ink for the sky, created a watercolor wash “pond”, stamped the image on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink and colored it with Copic markers. The lily pads were cut from Gumdrop Green card stock and I added some Copic marker accents. I used the smaller die from Leaping Slider Channel Die-namics, Slider Elements for the mechanism and raised the frog up on a strip of clear acetate card stock so he’d clear the popped up “pond”.

Here’s a little video showing leaping from pad to pad:




Here’s the far right position—I used foam tape as stops because even the smallest channel let him go further than I wanted him to.


I finished off with a heat embossed sentiment, some Puffy Clouds Die-namics and a sun cut from Lemon Drop card stock with Circle STAX Set 1.

And that’s it! This was fun! Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you soon!




All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Toad-ally Awesome
Die-namics: Toad-ally Awesome, Leaping Slider Channels, Essential Fishtail Sentiment Strips, Puffy Clouds, Circle STAX Set 1
Stencils: Mini Cloud Edges
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, No Line Coloring, Lemon Drop, Gumdrop Green
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape,Smart Grid Paper Pad, Mini MISTI, Mini MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Square Bone Folder, Scor-Buddy, craft tweezers, Slider Elements

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, Copic markers, Ranger Water color paper, Peerless watercolors, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, Multi Medium Matte Glue, Precision Tip Glue Applicator Bottle, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Mini Mister, water brush, sponge daubers, plastic eraser, heat tool, Versamark, clear acetate card stock

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! This would be a great card to send to my granddaughter as a congrats for completing 3rd grade! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!