Friday, April 05, 2019

Hoppy Easter with Doodlebug Stamps & Dies



Hello everyone, time is flying and Easter is just around the corner! I have a couple of cards today using the new Hoppy Easter Doodle Stamps and Doodle Cut dies.

For my first card, I created a scene with a hopping bunny. Yes, this bunny is "hopping down the bunny trail" hunting Easter eggs. I sponged the sky with ink and added some background greenery cut with a cloud cut file and Citrus Textured Card Stock. Next I added the "trail" made from Bon Bon Textured Card Stock, and the foreground from the Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Print collection with a couple of layers of card stock behind it for strength since it was adhered with foam tape.





I stamped the images from Hoppy Easter Doodle Stamps with Copic-friendly ink, cut them out with the coordinating Doodle Cuts dies, and colored them with Copic markers. I created a "swing" mechanism before assembling the card so the bunny "hops" along the trail. Here's a short video showing the action:




How cute is that??? When that was done and working I added some clouds and the sentiment speech bubble from Hoppy Easter Odds & Ends. Once all that was done I adhered the whole thing to a white card stock base for the finish.


My second card shows another sweet scene--these bunnies are adorable! Again, I started with a sponged sky then added a strip of paper from the 6 x 6 Hoppy Easter Paper Pad for the card front.Then, I stamped the bows in a row with Copic-friendly ink, colored them in rainbow colors and adhered it to the bottom of a white card stock base.





Next I stamped, cut, and colored the super sweet images and stamped the sentiment on the card front. I adhered that to the base with foam tape and a narrow strip of Beetle Black Dot-Stripe Petite Prints paper, did the same with the colored images, and added a few clouds to complete the scene.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you've gotten a few ideas for using YOUR Hoppy Easter Doodle Stamps and Doodle Cuts!



Doodlebug Supplies:
Hoppy Easter Doodle Stamps
Hoppy Easter Doodle Cuts
Hoppy Easter 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Hoppy Easter Odds & Ends
White card stock
Citrus Textured card stock
Bon Bon Textured card stock
Gingham-Linen Rainbow Petite Prints Paper Pad
Beetle Black Dot-Stripe Petite Print Paper Pad

Other Supplies:
Copic friendly ink
Copic markers
Tape runner
Foam mounting tape
Blue dye ink
Mini blending tool
Stamp positioner

Paper cutter
Die-cutting machine
Liquid glue
Clear acetate card stock
Cloud dies
Cloud cut file


1 comment:

  1. Adorable bunnies! Your cards are so cute! I love that the bunny "hops" down the bunny trail. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!