Monday, December 07, 2020

Final Countdown!! One Day Until MFT's December Release!!



Hello and welcome to Day Five of MFT's December Release Countdown! Release is in one day, December 8th, at 10am Eastern so make a note! And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for ALL the details! Today we're previewing Missing You Stamp Set, Missing You Die-namics, English Brick Wall Background Stamp, Love Speech Bubbles Die-namics (Previous Free with $60), and Essential Stitched Sentiment Strips (Previous Free with $60). 





One look at these two sets and I knew exactly what I was going to do! This image SCREAMED for paper piecing! It's been a while since I did any so it was fun to play with papers for my scene.

To begin, I sponged my brick background with Fired Brick Distress Ink on Strathmore Bristol Smooth card stock then made sure it was mostly dry before stamping English Brick Wall Background with Versamark and heat embossing white detail embossing powder. I left some on the background to give the brick a bit of texture.




Next I stamped the image three times on No Line Coloring card stock (once for cut-out window frame, once for the PI and potted plant, and once for just the arms), then once on three different pattered papers. So six copies total. When all that was done I started by cutting the panes out of the window--this would end up as the very top most layer. Then, working from back to front, I started building dimension: wallpaper layer --> curtain layer --> PI image with paper pieced shirt --> arms --> cut out window frame popped up on foam.




To put it all together, I popped the background panel up on a Sweet Tooth card stock base with foam tape then the completed window image directly to that. I added Grassy Fields Die-namics cut from Jellybean Green card stock and finally, the sentiment, heat embossed and also popped up on foam.

And that’s it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for the December MFT and Friends Feature!








All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.


Stamps: PI Missing You, English Brick Wall Background
Die-namics: PI Missing You, Grassy Fields, Essential Stitched Sentiment Strips
Patterned Paper: Spring Whimsy, Petite Gingham
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Black Licorice, Jellybean Green, No Line Coloring
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Fired Brick Distress ink, Versamark, heat tool, detail scissors



4 comments:

  1. Love the colors and paper piecing you did to create your card. So many little details to take in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute and pretty card. I love the wall and curtains too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very sweet of a card with that gal looking outside - love the brick very much TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...