Sunday, December 13, 2020

Look On the Bright Side - Two Days Until MFT's Wild About Rainbows December Card Kit Release!

 


Hello and welcome to Day Two of MFT's November Card Kit Countdown! Wild About Rainbows Card Kit  will be available for purchase on December 15th at 10am Eastern so make a note! And be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details.





What a great sentiment for a rainbow card, right? And how awesome is this rainbow?? I decided to design from the sentiment so to begin, I created the rainbow by cutting it from Sweet Tooth card stock and coloring each segment with Copic markers--great way to save colored card stock if you're like me and insist on traditional rainbow colors, LOL! Then the strips were taped together on the back and popped up on foam on the card front.




Using the assembled rainbow as a guide, I sponged the right side with Blue Breeze dye ink and Mini Cloud Edges Stencil for the sunny side. On the left, I simply sponged with Cement Gray dye ink for the cloudy side. 





Once the rainbow was popped up on foam, I added a sun cut from Lemon Drop card stock cut with A2 Circle STAX, and Cute Cloud Outlines, Sweet Tooth card stock on the sunny side and Cement Gray card stock on the cloudy.

To finish off I added a sentiment from Good Vibes Only Stamp set, heat embossed on Black Licorice card stock cut with Skinny Strips Die-namics and added some rain drops on the left. I love how this turned out!!





And that's it from me today! Thanks so much for stopping by! See you back tomorrow for Day One of MFT's Wild About Rainbows Card Kit Release Countdown!





All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Good Vibes Only
Die-namics: Cascading Rainbows, Skinny Strips, Cute Cloud Outlines, A2 Circle STAX
Stencils:  Mini Cloud Edges
Dye Ink: Blue Breeze, Cement Gray
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, Cement Gray, Lemon Drop, Black Licorice
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, tape runner, white detail embossing powder, Embossing Magic, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Versamark, heat tool, rain drops



7 comments:

  1. WOW! You have created this rainbow to be magical! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your card, the rainy clouds and then glorious sun coming out is really inspiring. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! So clever with the rain and sun on opposite sides!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Makes me want to make more cloudy skies on my cards. This really makes me want the kit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite rainbow cards yet. Love the idea of coloring the rainbow pieces to get the exact colors I need.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...