Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Cats & Plants, MFT March Card Kit Release!

 



It's time! MFT's March Card Kit, Cats & Plants, is now available for purchase in the MFT Online Boutique! Be sure to check out all the details at the MFT Blog.


The Cats & Plants Card Kit includes the following products:
Housecats Stamp Set
Housecats 3x4 Stamp Set (Kit Exclusive)
Window Dressing Die-namics
Houseplants Die-namics
Cat & Plant Perches Die-namics
Wallpaper Patterns Paper Pad
Card Stock - Smooth White (5), Moroccan Spice (1), Candied Yam (1), Butterscotch (1), Sour Apple (1), Jalapéno Popper (1), Caribbean Sea (1), Cement Gray (1), Eiffel Tower (1)
The Free with $60 releasing with this kit is Housecats Die-namics (the coordinating die for the Housecats stamp set)





I'll say it again--this is probably my all-time favorite MFT Card Kit!!! I have had SO much fun playing with it and look forward to using it many more times in the future,

For today's card I started by sponging Broken China Distress Ink through Basket Weave Stencil on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper along with Pumice Stone Distress Ink for the "grounding" area, then adhered that to a Sweet Tooth card stock base.




Next I stamped the images on No Line Coloring card stock with Extreme Black hybrid ink, cut them out with the coordinating Die-namics, and colored them with Copic markers. The cat is lying on Cat & Plant Perches Die-namics, created by stamping Wood Plank Background on Cement Gray card stock with Kraft dye ink.



The sentiment was stamped on the card front with Extreme Black hybrid ink, then all the images were arranged and popped up on foam for the finish!

And that's it from me today--thanks so much for stopping by! Now go shop! 

See you soon!







All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Stamps: Housecats, Wood Plank Background
Die-namics: Housecats, Cat & Plant Perches
Stencils: Basket Weave
Dye Ink: Kraft
Hybrid Ink: Extreme Black
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Sweet Tooth, No Line Coloring, Cement Gray
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, MISTI, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, MISTI Grid Paper Pad, MISTI Bar Magnets, Copic markers, Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper, tape runner, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, plastic eraser, Mini Ink Blending Tool, Mini Ink Blending Foam Pads, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad, Broken China and Pumice Stone Distress Inks



28 comments:

  1. Adorable! Blue and orange is my favorite color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background, cat colors and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. The multi color cat and the background are wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and the wonderful background. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card sample - design and colors! It always helps me to see how to color the cats in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your background. what a cute way to use the basket weave stencil. I also love your calico cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you put one cat on furniture and one cat on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fading out of the stenciled background is really wonderful, nice effect on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love the stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stenciled wall looks like wallpaper. SO CUTE. The kitties are adorable, and I might need to get them :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful and love the background as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the blue patterned,sponged background! I cant wait for my kit to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the blue patterned,sponged background! I cant wait for my kit to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute background and little cat scene!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute card, love the stenciled background and how you colored the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Barbara, I love your kitties card. The background really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete
  17. very nice - thanks for reminding me to use my background stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The basket weave stencil provides a nice background to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable. Love how you colored the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awww . . . this is so sweet! I love your Calico cat!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the stenciled background for your scene! Adorable kitties and plants, beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute scene. I like the stenciled background.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These kitties are cute enough to name! Sweet sweet card. Love the expression on your coloring. Pumice stone is a wonderful color for the ground, must remember that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!