Hey, gang!! We’re shaking things up over at MFT this month. Starting with September, we’re giving you a week of teasers! Yep, that’s right, seven full days of drool-worthy MFT goodness. Today we’re showing you Who’s That Mummy, but first, a public service announcement :)
- Release party is from 8-10pm on Tuesday, September 6th, at the Member Company Forum on SCS. Join us for fun, games, and prizes.
- The September Guest Designer Contest begins today and ends on Monday, September 5th at 10 PM EST. The winner will be announced at the release party. Get the deets here on how you can win over $100 in stamps and play along with the Design Team for a month.
- Teasers begin today and will continue daily through Tuesday, September 6th. Head on over to the MFT blog to see what the rest of the team has come up with for today's teasers.
- We're offering you the chance at Teaser Time prizes every day during our new release preparations! Each day, two prize vouchers are held by members of our Design Team. Starting this month, you'll have all week to comment on each of the posts - all the winners will be posted on Tuesday, September 6th around 7:30pm. Be sure to check the MFT Blog to see if perhaps YOU were one of our lucky FOURTEEN winners! Remember to leave a method of contact in your comments, because if you're selected as a prize winner, but we can't reach you, then we can't get you your prize to you.
- The September Hop and Shop will begin at 10:00pm September 6th, with the hop also starting at the MFT Blog.
And, now, Who's That Mummy?! If you saw --or got lucky enough to purchase--the VIP package, then you got a preview of this month's Who's That Girl? I'm totally smitten with her--so much so that I couldn't put her down so I made two cards for today.
For my first card, I stamped, colored. and cut out the image, then adhered it to some patterned paper before mounting it on a tag cut with Tag, You’re It Die-namics die, then layered that on a High Tea Doily die cut. For the sentiment, I cut the circle out with the center of the First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics set, stamped the sentiment, and embossed it to look like a moon. I hope ;-) It's hard to see in my picture, but I sponged it with some green Distress Ink and it looks pretty cool IRL.
I added this bat trim that I picked up last year. Toooooooo spooooooky, LOL! And here's the inside with another sentiment from the set.
Here's my second card for today. This time I stamped the image and colored it. I as going for a more "vintage" look for this one, so I did some stitching and added a seam binding bow. The scalloped element was cut with my FAVE Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics die.
And, here's the inside of this card with yet another sentiment from the set.
Okey dokey, that's it for me today! I'll be back later today with this week's MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge and tomorrow with another teaser. Hope to see you then!
Stamps: Who's That Mummy? (MFT)
Paper: Black Licorice, Whip Cream, Sour Apple, Orange Fizz, Perfect Paper Panels (MFT); Eerie 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Shabby Shutters Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Tag, You're It, High Tea Doily, First Place Award Ribbon Die-namics, baker's twine (MFT); twill, embossing folder, bat trim, Copic markers, button
Stamps: Who's That Mummy? (MFT)
Paper: Black Licorice, Whip Cream, Sour Apple (MFT); Hocus Pocus 6 x 6 pack (Pink Paislee)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Antique Linen Distress Ink (Ranger)Accessories/tools: Vagabond (Tim Holtz); Simply Scallops Medium Die-namics, baker's twine (MFT); seam binding, Copic markers, button, Dew Drops, sewing machine