Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Celebrate Your Special Day–CTD #255

CTD255_2013aug14


Hey everyone, it’s Color Throwdown time! Today, Miss Broni has a bright and happy color palette for us to play with. Be sure to check out all the details at the Color Throwdown blog!


swatch 255

So, between you and me? I was at a loss when I started working on this card. These bold colors kinda threw me, but I started looking at my dies and came up with this. I like it so it’s all good, right? Very simple design—I cut the colors with my Die-namics Chevron Stripes die and adhered them to a Sweet Tooth card stock base. Then I stamped the sentiment, from LJD Birthday Greetings on a Die-namics Designer Labels 3 STAX die cut, popped it up on foam, added a few clear gems, and it was DONE! CAS and easy peasy! Winning combination in my book :)

I stamped another sentiment from the set on the inside:


CTD255_2013aug14in


And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD255 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!  

Barbara Anders (<--- You are here!)   
Broni Holcombe
Joan Ervin
Lori Tecler
Lynn PutTaking some time off
Melody Rupple
Tammy Hershberger
Vickie Zimmer
Wanda Cullen
Kendra Wietstock – August Guest Designer

Thanks so much for stopping by today!







~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Birthday Greetings (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock (MFT); Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pixie Pink, Tangerine Tango (SU!)
Ink:
Black Licorice ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Chevron Stripes, Die-namics Designer Labels 3 STAX (MFT); foam tape, clear gems


brownwendysignature

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous CAS design! Love how the chevron strips pop against the white background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this CAS design, Barbara! Super simple, but packing a big punch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful! I always get a little stumped with lots of colors.....well to be honest I always love the color combos but, color challenges are a challenge for me!! It stretches me and that's good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your chevron rainbow using these bold colors! Beautiful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...