Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Thank You for All That You Do–MFTWSC #139

MFTWSC139_2013aug28


Hi, everyone, I’m back again with this week’s
MFT Wednesday Sketch Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s sketch. All of the details about the sketch challenge are available on the MFT blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The Design Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFTWSC139

I had a ton of fun with this card! I flipped the sketch, obviously :) I started with a Primitive Cream card stock base and added a Kraft card stock layer cut with Die-namics Blueprints 6. I had some paper left over from another project that I’d stamped with one of the images from Plaid Builder Background—on Primitive Cream card stock with Jellybean Green ink and I added that across the bottom. I cut a scalloped border, also from Die-namics Blueprints 6, from corrugated paper and adhered that on the edge of the green striped paper. I cut the sentiment panel using Die-namics Blueprints 6, too, then stamped a sentiment from LJD Grand Greetings with Black Licorice ink. After I adhered that I tied around some orange gingham ribbon and popped the whole thing up on foam. To finish it off, I added a couple of Die-namics Washi Tape die cuts stamped with Washi Patterns and Jellybean Green ink and Tangy Orange ink. A Tangy Orange button, tied with hemp cord, completed the design.

Here’s the inside with a sentiment from DC Thankful Leaves.


MFTWSC139_2013aug28in

And that’s it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping by!









~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD Grand Greetings, DC Thankful Leaves, Plaid Builder background, Washi Patterns (MFT)
Paper:
Primitive Cream card stock, Kraft card stock (MFT); corrugated paper
Ink:
Black Licorice ink, Jellybean Green ink, Tangy Orange ink (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Die-namics Blueprints 6, Die-namics Washi Tape, Tangy Orange button, hemp cord (MFT); ribbon, foam tape


brownwendysignature

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Barb, one can never have too many of these in one's stash; I try to make a few as Christmas gifts for my charming and grown offspring so they have no excuses! :) I think my son never sent a thank you to a friend of mine for a graduation gift and she lied to me about it and said of course he did, he was my son after all. I'll never forget her kindness. Of course, maybe it wasn't a lie, I've never asked him.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...