Monday, April 13, 2015

How Sweet of You–MFT Color Challenge #19

MFTCPC19_2015apr13


Hi, all, I'm back with this week's MFT Color Challenge! Are you ready? Here’s this week’s color combo: Summer Splash, Sour Apple, Nightshift Blue, and Whip Cream. All of the details about the color challenge are available on the MFT Challenge & Inspiration blog as well as in the weekly newsletter. The MFT Challenge & Inspiration Team will be on hand to provide plenty of inspiration to get you started.


MFT_ColorChallenge_PaintBook_#19


I had a lot of fun creating the background on this card. I started with a Whip Cream card stock base. Then I smooshed some Summer Splash dye ink on my craft sheet and gave it a little spray of water. I dragged my Ranger watercolor paper through it, added more ink and water, dragged some more, and did that once more to get the intensity I was after. After it dried, I cut it with Square Grid Cover-Up Die-namics and adhered the negative cut outs to the card base with foam mounting tape. I cut the circle from Blueprints 24 Die-namics from Whip Cream card stock and stamped the sentiment, from LJD You’re the Sweetest, in Nightshift Blue dye ink and popped it up on foam. I added both of the Simple Leaf Flourishes Die-namics, cut from Sour Apple card stock and a Rolled Blooming Rose Die-namics, cut from Nightshift Blue card stock. I finished off with some enamel dots.

Another sentiment from the set was stamped on the inside.

MFTCPC19_2015apr13in


And there you have it! Simple but I love how it turned out. Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1CAS Supplies2_thumb1




~Supplies~
Stamps:
LJD You’re the Sweetest (MFT)
Ink:
Summer Splash dye ink, Black Licorice dye ink (MFT)
Paper:
Whip Cream card stock, Sour Apple card stock, Nightshift Blue card stock, Ranger watercolor paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 24 Die-namics, Rolled Blooming Rose Die-namics, Simple Leaf Flourishes Die-namics, Square Grid Cover-Up Die-namics, foam mounting tape (MFT); enamel dots


1CAS-Signature2_thumb1

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW, Barbara, your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! that background is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! Inspirational to me! TFS! JM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love how you did the summer splash panels/squares!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!