Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Dad - Color Throwdown Challenge #694

 


Hello and welcome to a brand new Color Throwdown Challenge! Amy Rohl is our hostess this week and she's challenging us to a primary-ish color palette based on her super fun inspiration piece.






I'd had this idea percolating around my head for a while and thought these saturated colors would be perfect for it, and also work for a masculine design.




To begin, I cut Lemon Drop, Red Hot, and Summer Splash card stock with Essential Alphabet, Connected, In Stitches Lowercase Alphabet, Bitty Banner Alphabet, Modern Serif Alphabets. I cut all three colors with all the dies so I'd have lots of flexibility when I started arranging the letters.





Next I created a Black Licorice card base and began to lay out my die cuts, arranging and rearranging until I was happy. Some are adhered directly to the card base and larger letters are popped up on foam, to create dimension. Once they were all adhered it was done!

And that’s it from me! Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play the Color Throwdown challenge. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword #CTD694 so we can see your beauty all in one place, and use #ctd694 and #colorthrowdown on social media. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!



All products from My Favorite Things unless otherwise noted.

Die-namics: Essential Alphabet, Connected, In Stitches Lowercase Alphabet, Bitty Banner Alphabet, Modern Serif Alphabet
MFT Card Stock/Specialty Papers: Black Licorice, Lemon Drop, Red Hot, Summer Splash
Supplies/Tools: foam mounting tape, Steel Snips, Large Metal Adapter Plate for Die-namics, On-Point Precision Glue

Other: Die-cutting machine, paper cutter, QuickStik Pick-up Tool, Scor-Buddy, Smart Grid Paper Pad



1 comment:

  1. You did the challenge colors proud with this vibrant Father's Day card. The recipient will be thrilled to receive it. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...