Monday, February 20, 2017

MFT February Card Kit–Beautiful Butterflies, Day One

cardkitday1_2017feb20

Hello, everyone! We have a absolutely GORGEOUS card kit for you this month! Beautiful Butterflies Card Kit is going to be a huge hit! This is Reveal Day One--the kit will be available for purchase tomorrow night, February 21st, at 9pm Eastern. Be sure to check by the MFT Blog for all the details and more samples from the talented MFT Design Team.


Print

For today’s card, I used the sweet whimsical butterfly image and filled a piece of Smooth White card stock with it in lots of colors—most of which are included in the kit as cardstock. These butterflies are three-step with the main wing area, the shading, and then the head and body—which I stamped with Black Licorice dye ink. The colors I used for my butterflies are: Blu Raspberry dye ink, Tropical Teal dye ink, Cotton Candy dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Field Day dye ink, Spearmint dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, and Orange Fizz dye ink. After I was done stamping, I added trios of small dots in-between the butterflies as a little something extra.

cardkitday1_2017feb20b


I cut that out with Blueprints 20 Die-namics and set it aside. Next I stamped the sentiment on Translucent Vellum with Versamark and heat embossed with black detail embossing powder and wrapped it around the stamped panel, securing on the back. To add some depth, I added some clear foam tape under the letters so it’s essentially invisible. I then popped the whole thing up with foam mounting tape on the card base that I had covered with Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack.

And that’s it from me for Day One of
MFT’s February Card Kit Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you soon!


1newsupplies



~Supplies~
Stamps:
Beautiful Butterflies Card Kit (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Blu Raspberry dye ink, Tropical Teal dye ink, Cotton Candy dye ink, Ripe Raspberry dye ink, Field Day dye ink, Spearmint dye ink, Lemon Chiffon dye ink, Orange Fizz dye ink, Versamark (MFT)
Paper:
Beautiful Butterflies Card Kit, Dots & Stripes Neutral Paper Pack (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Blueprints 20 Die-namics, foam mounting tape, clear foam tape, Embossing Magic, MISTI (MFT); black embossing powder, heat tool, fine point black marker

1newsignature

18 comments:

  1. I love your butterfly card. I like the different colors you used.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card ... the colors you chose look so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and white layer just sets your card apart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful background you've created Barbara. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I love how subtle the colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card from a great card kit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fluttering-about butterflies make my heart flutter thinking of spring! The black polka dotted base is perfect for them and the dots on the inked paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the playful dimension of this card with the swatches of color in the wings and the polka dot framing. Thanks for sharing this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Barbara! I love the pop of black and white with the patterned paper, and I agree, great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is beautiful. Love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card. Can't wait to play with this kit

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a colorful, vibrant card. It would make anyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a Beautiful Card Barbara, Butterflies are my favorite and this card confirms why.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...