Monday, February 06, 2017

MFT February Release Countdown, Day Two

countdownday2a_2017feb6

Hello and welcome to Day Two of MFT’s February Release Countdown! It’s getting close! Release is tomorrow night, February 7th, at 9pm Eastern in the MFT store. Be sure to stop by the MFT Blog for all the details. Today we’re previewing Purr-fect Friends, Purr-fect Friends Die-namics, Uncorked, Wine Tag Die-namics, Wine Service Die-namics, and Cheers Die-namics.


NewReleaseCountdown_Day2

What’s not to like about rainbow cats, right? This sentiment from Purr-fect Friends inspired this card. Using Stamping Mask Paper, I stamped and masked the whimsical cat image nine times on X-Press It Blending Card and colored them in rainbow colors (this image would be totally cool paper pieced, too!) with Copic markers. Tip: Do a practice run on scrap paper to plan the best way to lay them out.

countdownday2a_2017feb6b

Then I stamped the sentiment at the bottom of a Stone Gray card base and popped the kitty panel up on foam mounting tape. Easy peasy!
*****

Next up is a wine tag using several products from the February Release.

countdownday2b_2017feb6

To begin, I cut Wine Tag Die-namics from Sweet Tooth card stock and planned my design. I found I needed something for interest and dimension in the background and considered patterned paper but decided that was too much. So I applied molding paste through Concentric Grid Stencil and allowed it to dry. Using the center of the grid right behind where the glasses “clink” works well, I think. Then I cut the bottle and glasses from Ranger Watercolor Paper and colored them with Peerless Watercolors. I splattered with some clean water for interest and popped them up on foam, then stamped the “label” with Romantic Script Background and Delicata Gold pigment ink.

countdownday2b_2017feb6b


Next I stamped the sentiment from Uncorked on a shortened Blueprints 12 Die-namics die cut and layered the same die cut with Roses All Over Paper Pack and popped it up on the tag. To finish, I cut Cheers Die-namics (and wine bottle seal) from Gold Shine card stock, popped it up, and added some enamel dots.

And that’s it for Day Two of
MFT’s February Release Countdown! Thanks so much for stopping by—see you back tomorrow for the final Release Countdown Day!


1newsupplies
countdownday2a_2017feb6



countdownday2b_2017feb6


~Supplies~
Rainbow Cats:
Stamps:
Purr-fect Friends (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice hybrid ink (MFT)
Paper:
Stone Gray card stock, Stamping Mask Paper, X-Press It Blending Card (MFT)
Accessories/tools:
foam mounting tape, MISTI (MFT); Copic markers

Wine Tag:
Stamps:
Uncorked, Romantic Script Background (MFT)
Ink:
Black Licorice dye ink, Delicata Gold pigment ink (MFT)
Paper:
Sweet Tooth card stock, Roses All Over Paper Pack, Gold Shine card stock, Ranger Watercolor Paper (MFT)
Accessories/tools: Vagabond;
Wine Tag Die-namics, Wine Service Die-namics, Cheers Die-namics, Blueprints 12 Die-namics, Concentric Circle Grid Stencil, palette knife, MISTI, Peerless Watercolors, waterbrush, foam mounting tape (MFT); molding paste, enamel dots

1newsignature

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous projects. The images and sentiments from the Purr-fect Friends are just too cute! And I love the rainbow hued cats on your card. The tag is really lovely and I love the Cheers die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rainbow of kitties and the tag is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara! I absolutely LOVE the Nine colored cats! What a fabulous card! I'm so excited about the whole wine theme, also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cat card is clever! And I love the new wine sentiments and dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What's not to love! Can't wait for release day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous 9 cats of many colors !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, I love the many hued cat card! The wine tag is creative and would be a welcome addition to a gift of wine, I'm sure. Thanks for sharing your projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barbara these are Fantastic. That wine bottle tag is EVERYTHING! You keen ability to layer different elements keeps me in awe of all you create. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY !! That cat card is FABULOUS !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your rainbow kitties Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the clever cat card!! Love the wine tag as well Barb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...