Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hats off to the grad!


I was asked to make a graduation card and that gave me the excuse to get this new set from PTI, For the Graduate. It's for a girl, described as a "hippy" not a "girlie" girl so I thought this funky layout from Go To Sketches would fit the bill just fine. (Pat, if you see this and it's not what you had in mind, email me QUICK, LOL!) School colors are gold and maroon, so I used PTI Scarlet Jewel cardstock and Summer Sunrise from Bitty Dot Basics (see the sun rising? I crack myself up sometimes ;-)). OK. I stamped the focal image and cut it out (I don't have the die but this is easy to cut out) and popped it up on some Pop Dots. Then I stamped it again, cut out the cap and popped it up. I stamped the stars in Summer Sunrise and cut them out, as well. Then I stamped the sentiment on Stamper's Select white card stock, layered it, and added a big ol' button due tied on with Pearl cotton. I didn't take a picture of it, but the sentiment inside says "Dreams believed are dreams achieved." Nice.

I like it and I hope the recipient does. Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: For the Graduate (PTI)
Paper: Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel, Bitty Dot Basics (PTI)
Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise (PTI)
Accessories: Pop Dots, Pearl cotton (craft store), Vintage Buttons (PTI)


23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the sun ray effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!! Love the sun rays.Our school colors are maroon and gold too....will have to case this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the sun rays! Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to working with you on the new CAS-tastic team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is CUTE---my school colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pure genius Barbara! Awesome awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this..it turned out just wonderful.... I need this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this card, Barbara! It's so cool!!! (You crack me up, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it Bar!! Those sun rays are too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card Barbara!!! The beams/rays are just PERFECT for this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bar this is so STRIKING, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is awesome! I'm sure she's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card Bar! Really love the layout! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card!! love what you did with the patterned paper, not an easy thing! I am sure the recipient is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving the rays of sunshine!! Great card Barbara!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally cool graduation card!!! I agree the sun rays are fab!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cute grad card! I hope the recipient loves it! I sure do! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, Bar....this is AWESOME!!! LOVE the sun ray effect!!! GREAT CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a great sketch to use for a graduation card! And I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous! And LOVE the inside sentiment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a fun card!! I think that the sketch you used was perfect too!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...