Thursday, April 29, 2010

Just because - Stamp Simply #137


Friday, April 30 - ssnotime137 - APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS -- 3-D flowers are the name of the game today. We have 3 options -- dig into your stash of purchased flowers to use on your creation, OR make your own 3-D flower using DP's and your punches or Nesties, OR you can make a 3-D flower out of ribbon -- MANY options today -- let's just bring forth some pretty and fun 3-D May Flowers!!! Can't WAIT to see!!!

Oh, man, this challenge is right up my alley, LOL!!! You know I love me some poofy flowers :) I started with a base of Rustic White card stock, added a layer of True Black, and then my stamped layer, also on Rustic White. I used my new fabulous A Little Argyle set with True Black, Raspberry Fizz, and Spring Moss inks for the top and my go to Text Style II set with True Black ink for the bottom. Then I added a Raspberry Fizz ribbon and started on my flower. Some time back my friend Tammy did a poofy flower alternating paper and tissue paper. I loved the look and CASE'd her flower then and made another flower like that for this card. I punched out a bunch of old book and black tissue paper scalloped circles for my flower and added a Raspberry Fizz Vintage Button in the center and some punched out/crimped leaves. The sentiment is from my new 2009 anniversary set, Round & Round.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime137 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

It is with sadness that I mention that Tammy is leaving the Stamp Simply team after this week. I will miss her here but am wishing her much success in whatever opportunities come her way.

Teresa Kline - April Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: A Little Argyle, Text Style II, Round & Round (PTI)
Paper: Rustic White, True Black, Spring Moss (PTI); tissue paper
Ink: Raspberry Fizz, Spring Moss, True Black (PTI)
Accessories: Raspberry Fizz Ribbon and Vintage Button, Rustic Twine (PTI); 1 1/4" scalloped punch, oval punch (SU!); paper crimper


19 comments:

  1. WOW Barbara, this is FABULOUS!! The colors, the argyle, that awesome flower, just GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful mix of patterns and elements...love that bloom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this fabulous card, Bar! All the wonderful details ... including that gorgeous flower ... add up to one stunning card!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! The colors in your card are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this card -- GREAT design and colors -- but that flower -- TOTALLY OVER THE TOP!!!! I have some newsprint DP that I thought would make a great flower, and you have now shown me that it, indeed, will!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW ............ that is FABULOUS!!! You should be happy that I do not live near ....... I would be at your house everyday !!! I am a great baker :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. im all about the poofy flowers too and yours is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabu Flower Barb! Love the crisp pretty colors and layered bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO fun with the black and white and the fresh bright colors on top! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super use of the papers, and that flower, well it is fabulous to the max! Haver a great weekend, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every element here is fabulous! Lovin' that flower too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. GORGEOUS! LOVE that flower, and the color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Barbara this is stunning! I have to come up with new adjectives because I feel like I say that about all your cards:) I LOVE the colors you chose for your argyle stamping and that poofy flower is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Awesome poofy flower!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the mix of the text DP with the argyle pattern...and what a GORGEOUS flower!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE what you did with this card!!! Terrific!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...