Friday, April 16, 2010

Let your dreams take flight! Stamp Simply Challenge #135

I love color challenges, and Sharon's got one for us this week. See what she says:

Friday, April 16 - ssnotime135 - A COLOR CHALLENGE -- Colors -- my FAV!!! I have been seeing this color combo popping up here and there and to my recollection I've only used these colors together once, a couple years back, and I am SO ready to put them together again. Here they are: Any shades of Purples, Lavenders, Browns, Ivory. Can't WAIT to see what you all do!!!


I know, I need to step away from the Kraft and Turning a New Leaf. At least I added in a new one this time: Butterfly Dreams. And (whispering) Background Basics: Tin Types. Oh, heck, I'm not going to whisper it--I love Tin Types!!! There! LOL, I really do love all that you can do with this versatile background set. LOVE IT! This time, I stamped it on Rustic Cream with Dark Chocolate and Plum Pudding, then added a layer of Plum Pudding, all as a base for those gorgeous butterflies. I stamped the butterflies with Plum Pudding and cut them out--I don't have those dies either. Then I added some brown flat-backed pearls to their bodies. I'm using Clean & Simple Sketch #85 for my layout, so I added the little leaves from Turning a New Leaf and the sentiment from Butterfly Dreams finishes it off.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime135 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love!

Teresa Kline - April Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger--taking the rest of April off

Deb Saarenen

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf, Background Basics: Tin Types, Butterfly Dreams (PTI)
Paper: Kraft, Rustic Cream, Plum Pudding (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Plum Pudding (PTI)
Accessories: flat back pearls (craft store); ribbon (PTI)


27 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous! I love that background stamp, too ... and that beautiful Turning a New Leaf stamp set. This card just shows to go ya!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Elegant looking yet simple not too busy. really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, this card is BEAUTIFUL! I just ordered Butterfly Dreams (yesterday) and I can't wait to play with it. I *almost* ordered Turning a New Leaf too, but I held off (for now, lol!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! I love all the butterflies and the colors are great too! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so stunning I don't even know where to begin! I like how there is so much detail, but yet the card is simple overall. Hard to do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always do such nice cards. i love this one!! great color combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your butterflies on the ribbon...they are lined up so perfectly and the little line of bling centers are all perfect as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow GORGEOUS card! Love how you brought all the elements together. Also love your use of Kraft, can't go wrong with that!

    BTW, I LOVE reading your posts all the way thru. I like how you explain each step in the design process and you've always got some little tidbit in there that makes me chuckle. Thank you so much for sharing! I really enjoy visiting your blog. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh, sweet perfection! Lovely lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card! I would never have come up with the color combo, but it's gorgeous. I love the row of butterflies against the background, and the leaves on the side set it all off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such and elegant card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the three butterflies! Makes me want the Butterfly Dreams set!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh such a beautiful card, the butterflies and the sentiment are all soo perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, beautiful card! I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty!!! Such an interesting color combo, and LOVE the butterflies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a stunning card. I have to tell you I think you used this combo of colors just beautifully. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beauty! LOVE the butterflies! Take good care and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. GASP! This is so beautiful! Please don't stop using Turning a New Leaf....I'm getting it after seeing all of your fantastic cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing CAS card Barbara!!! I'm loving this card and the PTI images!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this combo, too! You did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow, this is gorgeous, great design!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  22. So pretty! I love how you added the leaves in the corner.. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Barbara, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the layout. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is gorgeous and I love those butterflies all lined up in a row!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful trio of butterflies here Barb! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This turned out beautifully, Bar! Great use of those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...