Friday, April 02, 2010

Hi - Stamp Simply #133

Wow! Sharon has a challenge I need today! Seriously need. Actually, Janine chose this week's challenge, and here's what Sharon has to say:

Friday, April 2 - ssnotime133 - CHIPBOARD -- Today's challenge comes to us from Janine. (Thank you, Janine!) Here's what Janine says: I have a whole box of chipboard pieces that I never seem to use as often as I would like... This week's challenge is dig out a chipboard piece that you have and design your card or project around that piece or pieces if you like! If you don't have any chipboard pieces then you can use a whole piece of chipboard or an empty cereal box, use one of your dies and cut your own. Or cut it out freehand.. Let those creative juices flow and see where your chipboard takes you!

Like Sharon, I've got lots of chipboard that I forget to use, so this is a GREAT challenge for me! I'm using this week's SCS sketch for my layout--which I love! And the stamping couldn't be any simpler since there's NONE on this card, LOL!

I found these chipboard letters at Michaels a while back. I bought them just 'cause I thought it would be a good idea to have them on hand--you know how that goes, right? Well, I finally found a use for them. I like the whimsical look of the different sizes and colors, too. Card construction is pretty simple, really, I just followed the sketch, added some Prima flowers from my huge stash, and punched out several sizes of butterflies for accents.

So, now it's your turn. Come along and play and take us up on the challenge--we'd love to see what you come up with. If you do, be sure to leave the link to your project on Sharon's blog using Mr. Linky. Please use the keyword ssnotime133 if you upload to a public forum. And don't forget to check out Sharon's fabulous sample and also the great designs from the Stamp Simply team and leave 'em some love! And, help us give a huge welcome to this month's guest designer: Teresa Kline of Enjoy the VA Sunshine!

Teresa Kline - April Guest Designer

Jennifer Buck

Barb Schram

Janine Orchard

A J Otto

Tammy Hershberger

Deb Saarenen--sitting this week out

Jenny Gropp

Deb Neerman

Thanks for dropping in! I always love it when you do!

~Supplies~
Stamps: NONE
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Summer Sun (SU!); Ducks In a Row (October Afternoon)
Ink: Vintage Touch (PTI)
Accessories: chipboard letters (craft store); Prima flowers; Vintage Buttons and Rustic Twine (PTI); larger butterfly punch, leaf punch (Martha Stewart); smaller butterfly punches (Marvy); border punch (SU!)


16 comments:

  1. Adorable! Love those snazzy flowers and that fab DP ... another beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun card, luv the flowers and the chipboard letters....hope your day is filled with sunhsine!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara, this is so pretty!! What a way to start the weekend. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge!!...I have a bunch of chipboard that I could use. Love your fresh, springy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun card, Bar! Nice sunny colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors today Barbara.... Have a Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Gorgeous colors, lots of layers, and pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great DP colors!!! Love the mixed size and patterns on the chip board too!!! Have a great Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and I'm with you have chipboard but never use it and now I have a reason.Hope your Easter is filled with jelly beans and chocolate. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not only do I love the card but your new banner is so great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those flowers and paper look like they were made for each other! This card is SO gorgeous, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barbara! LOVE you cheery card! Great use of those chiploard letters!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the striped Dp and all the fun flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely FUN card and GREAT use of that paper -- lovin' all those colors and patterns! Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...