Sunday, April 18, 2010

True friend

Mornin' peeps! Another glorious day here in South Central Virginia, but it's a little cooler than the last few days. Yesterday we worked outside and it was perfect! Got my little garden ready to plant beans, tomatoes, and cucumbers and bought my tomatoes. I'll be planting them in a few days, but today, I'm gonna stamp :)


Before I go get inky, I've got a little Papertrey Ink goodness to show you. I started with a Vintage Cream card base and embossed a Curved Rectangle Nestabilities shape in the center. Then I added a glitter strip, using Glitzy Glitter, a la Nichole, on a piece of Orange Zest card stock with 1/2" Scor-Tape. Then I stamped the sentiment in Dark Chocolate, stamped the images from In Bloom on a Perfect Paper Panel (this is THE best Copic coloring surface I've found, bar NONE!! And I'd say that even if I wasn't on the MFT team, LOL!) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored them with Copic markers, using the PTI suggested colors for Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest, Terracotta Tile, and Spring Moss. Finally, I cut them out and popped them up on Pop Dots. I love how this turned out--is it OK for me to say that, LOL?

Thanks for stopping by--I'm so glad you did!

~Supplies~
Stamps:
In Bloom (PTI)

Paper:
Vintage Cream (PTI); Perfect Paper Panel (MFT)

Ink:
Memento Rich Cocoa; Dark Chocolate (PTI)

Accessories:
Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Curved Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinder); Pop Dots (craft store); Scor-Tape; Copic markers; Glitzy Glitter (MFT)


33 comments:

  1. Yes, it's okay for you to say you love this card. I think it's fabulous. I have been wanting this set since it came out. I just ordered from PTI, but got the dahlia and daffodil this time. There's always next month!
    Kerry H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, your card is beautiful! I appreciate you sharing the details as I would have missed how pretty it was. You cannot tell the glitter strip and barely see the white-on-white sentiment panel; but I clicked on it to see it closer and saw just how pretty this is. And, I think it is just fine to like your project. Sometimes you may be the only one that says so, but it doesn't matter. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simplicity and the beautiful cut out flowers-tfs. Been doing some yard work here as the weather has been gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pure CAS gorgeousness!!! Love this card!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you nailed it!! such a lovely card..clean and beautiful, the flowers look perfect where u placed them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's ok for you to say that, because how could you NOT like it? It's amazing Barbara. Your coloring is top notch. I like the addition of glitter and the embossed frame too. Just superb.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty Barbara, I love the colors you paired together. So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just GORGEOUS, Barbara! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just gorgeous!! It had a fall vibe to it that I LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! This is absolutely breath taking!!! Your coloring is just fabulous!! I love the layout of your card and the embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your coloring on these flowers. Simply Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad you love your card because it is Beautiful! Take pride in your awesome coloring ability!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I found my casing card for this week! That is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's okay to say you love a card that you made! I do it every once in awhile! LOL! This is Gorgeous, Bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara this is BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE it too!!
    Enjoy your day.. we too are working outside.. weed pulling! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your copic coloring is always so well done......this card is no exception! Very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes!! It's OK. I love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it too! Once again your coloring is fantastic. I am still working on my dahlia it is coming along nicely though thanks again for the tips. Have fun planing your garden. Hope to plant ours soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. GOR-GOR-GORGEOUS!!! Love these colors...so rich & intense, I want to EAT them!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's beautiful! Your coloring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm LMAO... YES it's OK to say that it would be OK to say that if it looked like CRAP, and NONE of your cards EVER do... but I'm just sayin.... :)

    I Love your blog updates and you are SUPER Creative so keep on keepin on my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Barbara, what a beautiful card! I love the colours - so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the colors of this card, and the elegant design. Thank you for talking about the PERFECT paper!!! I'm always looking to improve my Copic paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Dear, me my! This is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this card ......... so beautiful!!! You always make everything so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just gorgeous, love the array of colors of your flowers, and I love the way you "framed" them!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are SUCH an inspiration. Love this color combo and that idea for the strip of glitter behind the blooms! Gonna have to try that!!....and then I'll be posting that it was a la Barb style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. GORGEOUS!!! Those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This card is gorgeous!!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...