Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Almost Blue Shadow? Color Throwdown #89

Pretty lame, huh? LOL, I couldn't think of a good title for this post!!

I know I say this all the time, but REALLY! Where does the time go!? It's Wednesday again already and time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! Today's colors were chosen by LeAnne. I'd know that just by the colors, LOL! She loves to use Bordering Blue ;-) NOT that I mind--I happen to like Bordering Blue, but ONE of my team mates is not fond of it (heehee).
I decided to make a window card this week.


I first used a PTI Stampers Select white card stock base and embossed the upper part with my Victorian embossing folder. Then I cut out a window with a Classic Square Nestabilities die, rounded the bottom corners, added some patterned paper from Basic Grey's Wisteria collection (which was LeAnne's inspiration for these colors), and a bow using PTI's Ocean Tides grosgrain ribbon. Then I stamped this sweet little Lockhart Violet Cupcake stamp on the inside with Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored it with Copic markers. Finally, I added some tiny topaz-y jewels to the center of the violets. Sorry it's such a poor photo. I took the pictures and didn't look at them until I was doing this post. And it was too late to take more: I'd taken the card to work to show my peeps there and they snatched it up to take to a patient. So, better pictures were sacrificed to a worthy cause :)

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD89 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Teresa Kline from Enjoy the VA Sunshine - April Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Violet Cupcake (Lockhart)

Paper: Stampers Select White (PTI); Wisteria 6 x 6 pad (Basic Grey)

Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa

Accessories: Cuttlebug, Victorian embossing folder (Provocraft); Classic Square Nestabilities (Spellbinders); ribbon, button, twine (PTI); Copic markers; jewels (craft store)


24 comments:

  1. What a sweet little cupcake this is, too! Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Barbara! No wonder it was snatched up so fast!! I love those teeny, tiny gold rhinestones for the flower centers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL.......... and I do love the sage ribbon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use these colors often, but you've inspired me to play as your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so adorable, I love that cupcake, and the paper is just perfect. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, the embossing adds such an elegant touch Barbara. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, but lovely! No wonder it didn't last long. Love the idea of the window card with embossing. I never know quite what to do around the window.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! Blog titles are so hard sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! What a BEAUTIFUL card! Just gorgeous...well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card!! I love the window. Such nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! I really like that window opening. :o) Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, this is so sweet! I love that pot of flowers and the window card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is luscious! Love the pretty cupcake and patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet card, Barbara! Plus, good to use retiring SU colors, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is fabulous right down to the very last detail!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! Me likey these colors a lot. Another awesome card Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE the look of this card!! That pattern of DP with the white embossed top....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy and beautiful!!! That cupcake is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful coloring! I really like your patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So beautiful and soothing. I'm sure whoever received it at the hospital is quite pleased with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so pretty, Bar! I love how you kept the overall design fresh with the white, victorian embossed base behind the cute window :) Beautiful coloring of your image and I love the topaz jewels!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...