Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Love You - Color Throwdown #88

It's Color Throwdown day and Kristin chose our colors today:

Her inspiration was Cosmo Cricket's Everafter collection and since I have that, I ran with it.



NO stamping on this card made it easy to put together. The sentiment was included with the kit and I wasted no time cutting it out with my new Labels Ten Nestabilities. Then I sponged the edges with Distress Ink in Weathered Wood and popped it up on Pop Dots on a Basic Gray layer. I used my slot punch on each end so I could thread ribbon through and tie on buttons. Quick and easy and I like it--perfect masculine anniversary card, I think :) This card also works for a new challenge: CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge Blog.

Remember, you do not have to have the exact colors to play. If you don't, just use the closest you have. So, c'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use the link service to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. And please include a link in your post to the Color Throwdown. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD88 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there! Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week!

Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy
Kristin Beuter--Mindless Creativity
Teresa Kline from Enjoy the VA Sunshine - April Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Supplies~
Stamps: None
Paper: Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Basic Gray (SU!); Everafter (Cosmo Cricket)
Ink: Weathered Wood Distress Ink (Ranger)
Accessories: Cuttlebug (Provocraft); Labels Ten Nestabilities (Spellbinders); 3M foam squares, Pop Dots (craft store); Vintage Buttons and Rustic Twine (PTI); sewing machine; ribbon, slot punch (SU!)


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Barbara!! I just LOVE how you tied the ribbon through the Nestie!! Don't you love how quickly the no-stamping, no-coloring cards come together??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love your use of DP! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These papers are just beautiful - I love how you wove the ribbon through the nestie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! LOVE the ribbon treatment and those sweet buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty!! I love your paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is amazing, I am so impressed that there is no stamping. I never know what to do with the little extras you get with paper packs, it shouldn't be that hard! But I look at them and think "aaahhh what do I do with this?"....lol....you have inspired me to use some of those extras....thanks Barbara!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. No stamping? NICE!!! That nestie is beautiful and you worked everything together so nicely!!! Thanks for the heads-up on the new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very pretty card! SO classy and elegant! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome "no stamps" card Barbara. I thought for sure you stamped the center piece before reading what you wrote. Such pretty paper...

    ReplyDelete
  10. You make such beautiful cards no matter what products or stamps you use!! Fantastic timeless card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful as usual Barbara. Hopefully, I'll get to the challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ack! I'm not sitting out...I'm hosting :O) LOL ha ha ha ha

    Bar, I LOVE your card! I totally agree with you that this would make a wonderful, masculine anniversary card! I think this paper makes it easy to create a card without stamping...I did the same :] Hey, wait...was that little extra part of the Everafter paper pack?! If so, I need to go back and look over my pack again! I totally missed that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh, and btw, love your card!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! thanks for the info about not using the exact same shade!:) I just commented on Kristin Bueter's site that I'll try to join again this week, but I don't have the supplies..:(

    Now I'll definitely try to join again..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Card! I really love the way you used the ribbon!! Thanks for playing at CAS-tastic Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful card!!
    the papers of this card are great, like the elements that you used

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful, Barbara! I love the layout and the pattern paper. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...