Thursday, April 22, 2010

U Rock!

Today I've got my Papertrey Chicks card for our trial run ;-) Here's the inspiration piece we were to use:


Since I didn't have the new A Little Argyle set when I had time to make this card, I simply embossed the Smoky Shadow base card with my Argyle embossing folder and sponged it with Fresh Snow ink for a little contrast.


Then I stamped a sentiment from Say It With Style with Smoky Shadow ink on Stamper's Select white card stock and colored in with a light blue Copic marker. I die cut flowers with the Beautiful Blooms II dies and tied them on with Vintage Buttons in the challenge colors and Rustic Twine. I'm using FTL #86 for my layout.

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great Thursday!

~Supplies~
Stamps: Say It With Style, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Paper: Smoky Shadow, Stamper's Select white (PTI)
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Fresh Snow (PTI)
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Argyle embossing folder (Provocraft); Copic marker; glue dots, Pop Dots (craft store); Vintage Buttons (PTI); Pearl cotton (DMC)


19 comments:

  1. Barbra, you nailed this challenge! Those colors are fun together and I can picture some young girl loving to get this card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the embossed argyle background and all those CUTE flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, this is awesome! Goes perfectly with the inspiration piece, and I LOVE the flower cluster! Very clever to use the argyle embossing folder, too! :) YOU rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great Barbara! Well done as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Barbra! Loooove the sponged embossed argyle. Those cluster of flowers are awesome. Looking at all the chicks take on the challenge, I am getting more and more anxious to recieve my PTI parcel and play with the new stamps. Hope it arrives next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! I have that embossing folder and I love the way you sponged it with the white ink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara, YOU rocked it with this card. Love how you sponged the embossed piece. I've never tried doing that and it's a cool technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love that cluster of flowers and buttons! What a great color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The flowers and buttons rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job Barb! I am uber impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Gorgeous colors and design, Barbara! Can anyone play or just the PTI chicks? LOVE this! You know that flower die cut is sold out! I am trying to be patient! Hee! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a super fun card!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea to sponge the embossing! It's fun to see so many using "other products" in place of the argyle stamps they are waiting on.....great way to see old products used again! Love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like how you inked the embossing! It's fun to see "other products" being used while waiting for the argyle stamps to arrive! Love your flower arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the flowers! Very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE LOVE this! Those flowers are so pretty! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is amazing. Look at all those flowers! WOW. I like the inked embossed BG too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all your layered flowers...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...