Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Color Throwdown #47


Good morning!!! Today is Color Throwdown day!! Danielle is our hostess today and her colors rock! Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, and Kiwi Kiss (or a lime green).
I started looking through my DP and ran across DCWV paper pad called Garden Party. It's been a while since I used any paper from this collection and it works pretty well, only I'm using Certainly Celery for my green. My focal image is from Flourishes' DIY Topiary set, stamped on Gina K Pure Luxury 80lb paper, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored with Copic markers and is popped up on 3M foam squares. I dressed it up with some paper piercing, a ribbon, a button, and some linen thread. Kind of simple but I like how it turned out.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD47 so we can see your beauty all in one place. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
DIY Topiary (Flourishes)
Paper: Whisper White, Cameo Coral, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery (SU!); Garden Party (DCWV); Gina K. Pure Luxury 80lb paper
Ink:
Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:
3M foam squares, ribbon (craft store); Copic markers; button (my stash); linen thread, paper piercer/mat/template (SU!)


9 comments:

  1. Simple is my favorite, and this is just wonderful! Love that little ribbon embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Love how you used the different papers to pick up the colors from the challenge, they're gorgeous! Great coloring too!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love the ribbon and button!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that paper is gorgeous and works perfectly with these colors! I LOVE your layout too with the multiple panels and the ribbon running behind. I'm going to have to try that! Fabulous design, Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice card ! Love the stamped image !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb - I just came across your card and had to tell you how super gorgeous it is!!! I lvoe hoy you colored the image :)!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love your button and ribbon treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is beautiful DP, Barbara! I love your button-ribbon embellie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome creation!! Thanks for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...