Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Color Throwdown #45

It's Color Throwdown Challenge day!! Today's colors were chosen by Cathy Indelicato and she chose Green Galore, Pink Passion, and Chocolate Chip. I found these colors to be a real challenge!


Luckily, I happened upon some Heidi Grace DP with all three colors in it--otherwise I'm not sure what I'd have done, LOL! My base card is Chocolate Chip with layers of Green Galore, Pink Passion, and the DP called Forever Love from the Celebration of Love collection. The focal image was stamped on Very Vanilla with Green Galore and Pink Passion using stamps from Verve's Miracles Blossom set. It was cut/embossed with an oval Nestabilities die and layered on a Pink Passion scalloped mat, then the whole thing was popped up on 3M foam squares. I added some pink jewels to the flower centers, added a ribbon around the layers, and a bow made with my brand new Bow Easy that I got from Sharon Johnson's store.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD45 so we can see your beauty all in one place. We've changed things a bit, so take a look at this post for an explanation. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Miracles Blossom (Verve)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Green Galore, Pink Passion, and Very Vanilla (SU!); Forever Love (Heidi Grace)
Ink: Pink Passion, Green Galore (SU!)
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, jewels, ribbon (craft store)

9 comments:

  1. OMG this card is ADORABLE! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have guessed that you found the colors a challenge! This card is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty - you did a great job with the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I wondered if that was a "Bow Easy" bow---it is beautiful! Wonderful paper and great image to use with it!
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE those flowers on this great card!! It's so soft and willowy and just a beautiful card!!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Pretty Barb!
    I look forward to visiting your blog more often in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! You used these colors wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know what you would have done without that DP? You would have rocked a card out anyway, I know! This is awesome! And I LOVE that bow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...