Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Color Throwdown #46


Good morning, folks! Today is Color Throwdown day--and I get to pick the colors! I decided to go with some pastels: Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, Bashful Blue, and I tossed in Ballet Blue for kicks ;-)

My base card is Whisper White with layers of Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and DP from the Delicate Dots DSP collection. The focal image uses Verve's Flowers Plain Jane, was stamped on Whisper White with Ballet Blue and was matted with Bashful Blue. Then I added a section of DP that I tore at an angle for a little variety. Some Prima flowers and punched leaves, and some accent pearls finish it off.

C'mon over to the Color Throwdown blog and play along with us this week. Please use Mr. Linky to post your card and please link directly to your card so we can find it easily. If you upload your card to a public forum, please use the keyword CTD46 so we can see your beauty all in one place. We've changed things a bit, so take a look at this post for an explanation. Hope to see you there!

Be sure to check out what the other team members have come up with this week:
Broni Holcombe--Splashes of Watercolor
Cathy Indelicato--Crafty Thoughts
Danielle Kennedy--Wild Dragonfly Designs
LeAnne Pugliese--Wee Inklings
Tammy Hershberger--Stamp Happy

I'm so glad you dropped by today!

~Recipe~
Stamps:
Flowers Plain Jane (Verve)

Paper:
Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Delicate Dots DSP (SU!)

Ink:
Ballet Blue (SU!)

Accessories:
3M foam squares, pearl brads, flat back pearls (craft store); Prima flowers; leaf punch (Martha Stewart); Ticket Corner punch (SU!)


8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Barbara! What a nice sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Bar! I LOVE the flowers, and absolutely loved these colors! (And having the DSP helped,t too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card Barbara, you have chosen great colors !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh, what a gorgeous card! I LOVE the striped dsp, the matching flowers and that awesome sentiment panel! Beautiful card and a wonderful color combo for the TD!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card - I have to find that leaf/branch punch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet!!! Love the torn panel and he "floral" arrangement is awesome! I can never get mine to look like this ... I'll have to look closer for your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! this card is beautiful! love the colors..going to try to participate today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...