Monday, June 08, 2009

It's a bouncing baby...girl!!


On the MFT chat thread at SCS we had a virtual baby shower for one of the Top Ten MFT Idol contestants, Erin, a couple of weeks ago and I'm just getting a card made! She didn't know whether it was a boy or girl until it was born, so at least I knew what kind of card to make, LOL.

My base card is Very Vanilla with layers of Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana, and Blush Blossom and the Small Wonders Girl mat pack from K & Co. I'm using the MFT sketch layout from last week. I liked it but never got a chance to try it out, so I thought I'd do that with this card. At this point I wrapped a piece of sheer green ribbon around. The focal image was stamped on a MFT Perfect Paper Panel using the Baby First set with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I paper pieced the square area, colored the stork and the "stamp" with Copic markers (see below) cut out the stork, and popped him up on bits of 3M foam squares. Then I layered it on Blush Blossom and Barely Banana cut/embossed with reverse scalloped square Nestabilities dies and popped all that up on more foam squares. Next I added a bow and tied the sentiment on with DMC embroidery floss. The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Tuxedo Black and punched out with an Oval Punch. A Dew Drop in each corner finished it off. Congrats, Erin and welcome to little Elizabeth!!

I'm so glad you dropped in today!

~Recipe~
Stamps: Baby First (MFT)
Paper: Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Kiwi Kiss, Barely Banana, and Blush Blossom (SU!); Small Wonders Girl mat pack (K & Co.)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug/Nestabilities dies; 3M foam squares, ribbon, DMC floss (craft store); Copic markers; Dew Drops

3 comments:

  1. This is so very sweet! I love how the inverted scallop looks like a postage stamp! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love that reverse scallop Nestie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments--they make my day and I appreciate every one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...